• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Hidden Figures

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    We watched this last night, and it was a very good movie. Very enjoyable, informative, and eye-opening. I know the movie is based on the book, which is based on history, so it isn't a documentary. But the premise of it all was very well put together to form an entertaining show.

It's about NASA, and the initial development of the Space Race. And getting things done, without the aid of "computing machines" as we know of them today. It was all done by humans, back then. In this case, they were almost all women. So many saw this as a problem. But then the fact that they were almost all black women, really sets things both "on edge" and "differently."

If you get a chance, you'll probably enjoy it, and you might learn some things.

Just finished this amazing story. Extremely educational but more so emotionally charged. Incredible, inspiring, and just damn well done. It's a must watch and if you don't feel something inside yourself from this there's something seriously wrong with you that cannot be fixed. Watch it. You'll know where I'm coming from and will not be disappointed, I promise you that.

Thank you Sean, this is one hell of a story.

Yes it was a good show. I have ALWAYS advocated the best person for the job regardless of pretty much everything else.

...if you don't feel something inside yourself from this there's something seriously wrong with you that cannot be fixed. Watch it. You'll know where I'm coming from and will not be disappointed, I promise you that..

Don't worry 1J, we are picking up what you are putting down.

taraji-p.-henson-at-73rd-annual-golden-globe-awards-in-beverly-hills-10-01-2016_1.jpg

Mmm, mmm!

And yes it is an amazing story of three women that this country owes an incredible amount to while they were being treated like crap.

Saw it in the theatre with my GF and we both enjoyed it. It was a tough time for blacks and it's good to see the three of them be so successful in both a man's world and a white world.

Surprised I never heard of any of it before.

Chris

Don't worry 1J, we are picking up what you are putting down.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.hawtcelebs.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/01\/taraji-p.-henson-at-73rd-annual-golden-globe-awards-in-beverly-hills-10-01-2016_1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Mmm, mmm!

You Dirty Dog. I hate agreeing with you. ;) Not so much on this one, but the above post. :p

Love the photo you put up, but is the "Irish Pendant" :eek: underneath her left armpit driving anyone else nuts? Not very squared away I'll tell ya that. Now back to sorting this ten lbs of RL22 by grain length. :cool:

Yep, great movie and we do owe not only a huge debt of gratitude, but more so should celebrate and make such an accomplishment more so widely known. Why didn't I hear of this story before? That in it's self is shameful.

And yes, she looks "Baked" as all hell. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz