• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High Caliber Sales MK12

-=boone=-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Charleston, WV
I have a number of AR15’s and more than a few are precision based. They’ve never scratched the itch of owning a MK12 mod 0.

For those of you who have HCS MK12 how does it perform. I doubt it’s anything but amazing. Just looking for peer pressure reassurance.

Reactions: PorkChop
In for responses on this. I have gotten heavy into clones lately and my next is a MK12 Mod 0.

Well, I have two Mod 1 uppers built by Kevin and they both shoot exceptionally well with Blackhills 77gr BTHP. Honestly, best shooting AR15s I have. Would not hesitate to get another.

My understanding, having talked with Kevin last year, he is now retired and has closed down HCS.

You can easily build your own Mk12 of any variant, just acquire the correct parts, tooling, supplies and assemble it.

Kevin O/HCS retired as far as I know as well.

I have no experience with HCS however Ive had the pleasure to own a authentic PRI MK.12. Made in Ohio by PRI themselves, who spec.d many parts for the original military builds (gasbuster CH and carbon ff tube/rail)

These are about as close as you can get and mine runs great and is very accurate. They have the correct barrel, stock options, brake, supressor mount etc.

heres a link below to check out

HCS makes a nice upper but PRI was part of the original assembly of the MK12. I would go with PRI.

Reactions: -=boone=-
I have a KAC LPR that somewhat scratched the MK12 itch and the last thing in the world I need is another AR but I still want one too (y)

Been looking at PRI's website for years :p

I have a number of AR15’s and more than a few are precision based. They’ve never scratched the itch of owning a MK12 mod 0.

For those of you who have HCS MK12 how does it perform. I doubt it’s anything but amazing. Just looking for peer pressure reassurance.

Like the cats fucking pajamas. I’ve got mine setup with an NXS 2.5-10x42 running with a JP bcg and SCS. Larue MBT2S in a Nodak lower. No it’s not clone correct but fuckin a. 3/4” is pretty normal with the mk262 ammo from Black Hills. As a package I’ve yet to shoot a more friendly AR. Bolt action like recoil (aka almost none). Heavyish but easily shoulderable and who cares because it just looks the tits.

Hope this helps...

For guys that are looking, Centurion Arms also offers Mk 12 uppers. I can’t remember where I’d read this, but I believe their barrels are legit Mk12 barrels.

Edit: “In addition Monty has sourced parts that are extremely difficult to get in order to build an exact replica - the barrel for instance is only available to Crane and to Monty ; you can get a barrel that looks the same in contour but to get the exact same barrel as the Mk12 has you have to get it from Monty - that is one of the reasons why it took him so long to come to market with this - he wanted to make sure he had his parts sourced out completely”

Last edited:
From what I've read PRI uses the original Douglas barrels-but does this mean that they're not the exact geometry of the originals and Centurion is? Centurion from what I've read have a stellar reputation.

From what I've read PRI uses the original Douglas barrels-but does this mean that they're not the exact geometry of the originals and Centurion is? Centurion from what I've read have a stellar reputation.

I’m not sure... Things could’ve changed, as the Larry Vickers post I quoted was from 2008.

You won't go wrong with Centurion Arms. But I'd not turn my nose up at a PRI Mk12 either.

Yeap, Centurion Arms Mk12 can shoot.
This is an upper from Monty and his AST 2-stage trigger in the lower.
upper left : 5 shots IMI 77 OTM Mod 1
Center: 5 shots Wolf Gold 55 FMJ

I am not saying all groups would be under 0.5MOA with the 77s but sub MOA is the norm. If I haste (ie command firing or some how fucked up the fundamentals) it widens up to 1.5 at most.

This is the most accurate and forgiving Semi Autos I’ve shot to this day.
D88CAE96-CCC7-4852-87DA-D8FAD123DFAA.jpeg

The extent of my dealings with HCS was buying my AEM5 for my Mk12 Mod 0, along with the necessary collar and muzzle device. Kevin was great to work with and in constant communication, as the AEM5 I got from him was a group buy through Ron Allen @ Allen Engineering back in 2014.

I know your post is about the rifle platform, not the customer service, but I will contribute that my experience with Kevin and HCS was great. Best of luck to you in your investment; I'll give your arm a personal twist to get a Mk12. Love mine, as I'm sure most owners do. Cheers.

HCS is the bomb...I do not own one but everything I've heard has been nothing short of amazing and if you are wanting a perfect clone...it is pretty much your go to...

I built my own Mk12 and it is the only AR 5.56 platform I care to own...everything else (for me) just doesn't make sense anymore...

As stated above Kevin is retired. Closed down. He was great to deal with when open. Alan Brown from Crane did a lot or possibly all of the smithing. He is retired as well.

The Mod O is cool looking but heavy and obsolete.I shot one until I shot out the barrel.

Shot a Mod 1 and shot out two barrels. Then moved to better lighter set ups. KAC based. Proof barrels.

Last edited:
Reactions: nn8734

I know this is an old thread but I have a mk12 mod 1 that I recently purchased from Kevin and it's spectacular. I know some people in this thread said that he was retired but I've talked with him a lot over the last few weeks when sourcing the parts which are extremely hard to find right now for this build. I was able to source the kac ras FF rail from GunBroker because they do not exist in the Free world at the moment and I had it shipped directly to him and he finished my build. His turnaround time was crazy fast from the time I had the part sent to him with the money and he had it back to me in a week.

Attachments

• 16488534772297326445131886199233.jpg
    16488534772297326445131886199233.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: deersniper
I had a HCS Mk12 Mod 1 build with a NF 2.5-10x24 Milspec scope. It was a great gun that easily shot sub-MOA. I also had a DIY parts build I did around a Noveske Mk12 barrel and a USO 1.7-10x37 scope. It also shot sub-MOA.

About a year ago a consolidated both guns into one modern gun, shed some weight with an MLOK rail that covered the gas block (always hated the exposed gas block on the Mk12) and other accessories, kept the Noveske barrel (for no other reason than a flip of the coin over the Douglas barrel) and put a Leupold Mk 5 3-18 scope on it. Lighter and still capable, I call it my Mk 12 Mod 2.

You won't go wrong with Centurion Arms. But I'd not turn my nose up at a PRI Mk12 either.
agree but Centurion is a fantastic company that puts out fantastic products. Their barrels are very accurate, parts are on point for specs and qc is outstanding but the real caveat is the cs. Remember what noveske was with John prior to his death, that is Centurion

If you want a Mk12 get a Mk12. its not really going to shoot any different than any other 18 inch 556 with an accuracy barrel.