• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos High Country Bobcat

Re: High Country Bobcat

good looking cat. we have lots of cats in our area.
do you plan to do a full mount?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He never said he shot it. He is petting it. </div></div>"Took"
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LOBO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking cat! Did you shoot it with a Taurus? </div></div>

Good eye Lobo. What you see on the crossdraw is actually a S&W model 60 3". I put the boot grip off a Taurus on it to keep the grip out of the way. The primary on that rig is a custom BFR framed .500 JRH for bear.

I had just come out of busting-brush trying to flush a monster buck for my partner on the ridge.
I saw this cat chasing a bird 220 yards away. I snapshot it with my Remington 700 / .300 RSAUM with a 180 grain Nosler Ballistic @3010 fps. The side you see is NOT the exit side, that's for sure. A perfect heart/lung shot field dressed it on the spot amongst a spray of mist. I have about a 2" tear in the exit side of the hide to sew up. I'm not mounting it, just soft-tanning the hide for our Sportsman's Club wall. The eyes look funny because I was holding the head up by the skin of the neck.
If anyone is interested I can post a couple of pic's of the underbelly. Beautiful markings!
It was a female about 2 years old, but no indications of kittens.
I saw a charcoal gray-coated bobcat in the same area this last year but I couldn't get on it fast enough. It was the most unusual colored bobcat I have ever seen.

Nice kitty. I had one walk up behind me about 7 yds away during deer season this year. We just looked at each other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrettjusmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber did you hit the cat with and how far away? </div></div>

Garret-
Look up 4 posts...
My LEICA ranged it at 220 yards after the shot
Remington 700 Ti, .300 Remington Short-Action Ultra Mag
180 gr. Winchester/Nosler combined technology Ballistic tip
It had a Leupold 2.5-8 x36 scope at the time. Even at 8 power I thought it was a coyote at first, but when I saw there was no tail, it had to be a bobcat. It was going down no matter which if the two it was, coyote's are free <span style="font-style: italic">and</span> I had a bobcat tag.
Yes, in Kalifornistan you have to have a bobcat tag too.
Here's a pic of her underbelly markings....
url]