• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB High end rangefinding Binos

Wanting To Buy

Smokin7s

Lawyer, Astronaut, Pathological Liar
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2020
Oklahoma
Looking for swaro Leica zeiss

Looking for most recent gen. I’m ordering a set this week but would like to find some here first if possible.

Did you check the PX? There’s a few up for sale already.

ETA: Whoops, you said most recent gen. Maybe not as many of those.

i have a set of swaro el range 10x42 with tracking assistant that are basically brand new, i'd take $3500 for.

I have a pair of 10x42 EL Range in great shape up on the chopping block. PM me if interested

PM me for a deal on Steiner binos

I would recommend the Steiner's. I have a lot of time behind all of them in field conditions and field matches, except for the Zeiss.

The Leica's may have the best glass out there for LRF binoculars in my opinion, but the three brands you listed are not ideal for precision ranging. They all have too large of a aiming point/box/circle, where trying to precisely range a small object sometimes closely aligned just outside another object is difficult, for example a small 10" plate set back 40-yards in a small gap between two trees. And that's where the smaller aiming point (etched reticle crosshair with small LED circle) of the Steiner's really helps to make accurate measurements.
Now if all you're worried about is minute of elk size targets in open country, I guess those other three brands will work for you.

Also, take advantage of TheHewbrewHammer's offer as he will provide a good deal and great customer service. It will be well worth it for you.

Are they the same price though? :)

I would recommend the Steiner's. I have a lot of time behind all of them in field conditions and field matches, except for the Zeiss.

The Leica's may have the best glass out there for LRF binoculars in my opinion, but the three brands you listed are not ideal for precision ranging. They all have too large of a aiming point/box/circle, where trying to precisely range a small object sometimes closely aligned just outside another object is difficult, for example a small 10" plate set back 40-yards in a small gap between two trees. And that's where the smaller aiming point (etched reticle crosshair with small LED circle) of the Steiner's really helps to make accurate measurements.
Now if all you're worried about is minute of elk size targets in open country, I guess those other three brands will work for you.

Also, take advantage of TheHewbrewHammer's offer as he will provide a good deal and great customer service. It will be well worth it for you.
Agreed that fine aiming is critical. I’ve found that my Leicas actually range a “point” roughly corresponding to the top-left quadrant of the reticle rim; placing that segment of the LED circle on a small target is almost always sufficient. The LED size/location is only loosely related to the actual beam on most LRFs but you can usually deduce where the true beam is with some experimentation.

@Diver160651 has a breakdown on this in his Avenal UKD thread. I wouldn’t consider it a dealbreaker on a set of binos unless the beam was totally outside the reticle.

Yes they’re both used they’re exactly the same price

And that is one of the pairs I’m deciding on lol Jay messaged me.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
"None of my business but why not go with the Swarovski DS scope"

Those are nice however kinda big, I have one. It's a 40mm TUBE. Also, only works on the one gun it's mounted to. They do work in the ballistics department though if you are willing to stay under 1K meters.

:)

"None of my business but why not go with the Swarovski DS scope"

Those are nice however kinda big, I have one. It's a 40mm TUBE. Also, only works on the one gun it's mounted to. They do work in the ballistics department though if you are willing to stay under 1K meters.

:)
More than one rifle

There's a good deal on Rokslide for a new set of EL Range with TA. It's on page 1 right now. A few guys around here got the new Leica's, you don't want that mess.