• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes high end scopes

Timl

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Washington State
I have done some research here and on other sites and it seems there is a lot of talk about S&B, USO, Premier, but not as much about Hensoldt. Does Hensoldt compare well with this group? Any wekanesses, strengths that anyone may have experience with?
Thank You
Tim

Re: high end scopes

Tim, where in WA state are you?

Hensoldt compares very well with that group. There is info here on them, a fair amount from me. Hensoldt like the rest of them has their pluses and minuses. They are in a bit of a transition period right now with the owner of HDC getting hired by Zeiss.

When are you looking to purchase a scope and what's the intended use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have done some research here and on other sites and it seems there is a lot of talk about S&B, USO, Premier, but not as much about Hensoldt. Does Hensoldt compare well with this group? Any wekanesses, strengths that anyone may have experience with?
Thank You
Tim </div></div>

Hensoldt is a part of zeiss optronics. the glass is regarded as the best, and they are lighter and shorter than most of their counter parts of the same magnification. they are going to be distributed by zeiss's center in virgina, HDC was importing them for a while. they are great scopes, but they lack the options and features that other high end scopes have.

Jason,
I'm up in the Enumclaw area. I'm looking at getting a 6.5 CM built by Robert Gradous in 2012 and originally was sticking to NF 3.5-15 x 50 F1, but if there is any extra money I can dig up I was thinking of going with a better scope and some more magnification. I would like to stick with mil dot reticle with mil adjustments. Looking at the Hensholdt line, it appears they have exactly what I'm looking for. What do you think?
Thanks
Tim

Jason hopefully the new owner will wake up and get some real reticle options out there. They could be doing so much better if they had a good choice of reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason hopefully the new owner will wake up and get some real reticle options out there. They could be doing so much better if they had a good choice of reticles. </div></div>
That is the exact reason I did not look into them more. I went with Premier and have been very happy.

USO i think is the best out there. Pretty amazing quality products they put out. Pricey though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperk1ng20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO i think is the best out there. Pretty amazing quality products they put out. Pricey though. </div></div>This is not an attack, it's a request for information to see whether you are speaking from experience: Do you own and use a USO scope?

I do not own them but I have shot several of them. Never was willing to spend the cash, im not rich being a kid in college.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperk1ng20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not own them but I have shot several of them. Never was willing to spend the cash, im not rich being a kid in college.</div></div> Stay in school ~ you might learn something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smschulz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperk1ng20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not own them but I have shot several of them. Never was willing to spend the cash, im not rich being a kid in college.</div></div> Stay in school ~ you might learn something. </div></div>

Yes...stay in school. USO is good but definitely not "the best out there".