• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes high magnification 34mm tube body on AR15

Jollicoe

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
I'm well aware that 5-25 power is overkill for the ar15,,,but my eyes suck and I would love to spot my own rounds. My question now is if this is even doable.

Can I mount the optics high enough for that 56mm objective to clear the rail and still maintain a reasonable cheek weld? If so.. who makes that mount?

In theory, that should not be a problem.
If I am not mistaken, the standard iron sight height above an M4 rail is 1.5", that is 38.1 mm (to be double-checked, this is out of memory, and I don't own no AR15oids to measure).
The sight height (scope axis) of a 56 mm objective, if you count the flip cover and a couple mm margin, is > 32 mm; in other words, the objective should fit no problem.
There are plenty of 1.5" rings / mounts for 34 mm scopes.
Spuhr SP-4002 should do it just fine, if you have the budget. 34 mm Nightforce Ultralites are also available in any height you may need.

Thank you, gentlemen

And like I said, I realize it's overkill.

I don't think its overkill. I use 15x at 600. And while i can resolve hits as they impact, I want more. 6x24 or 5x25 seems about right for my eyes regardless of caliber. But to each their own.

I'm well aware that 5-25 power is overkill for the ar15,,,but my eyes suck and I would love to spot my own rounds. My question now is if this is even doable.

Can I mount the optics high enough for that 56mm objective to clear the rail and still maintain a reasonable cheek weld? If so.. who makes that mount?

Steiner 5-25x56 on a 34mm Bobro mount. No problems clearing anything. Its big on the gun but works perfectly! Sight picture is perfect with the stock thats on it. If not put a PRS stock on it and go have fun!

RRA and Steiner.jpg

Last edited:
An American Defense Recon 0-MOA mount should work just fine. I run a 20-MOA cant and have no issues with a 34mm tube and 50mm Objective; still have a 1.2cm clearance.

That's a 20moa base on the picture above. It's my cheap truck AR that gets tons of rounds down it either with a 1-4, aimpoint, hensoldt red dot or some other 5-25x56 optic like the Steiner in the picture.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I also have an American Defense 20 MoA base for my 4x16x56. I occasionally slap it on my AR15 to shoot whistle pigs. Clearance isn't an issue.

An American Defense Recon 0-MOA mount should work just fine. I run a 20-MOA cant and have no issues with a 34mm tube and 50mm Objective; still have a 1.2cm clearance.

Hi, new guy here. I've got a Bushy coming in with the 34mm tube and 50mm objective. I also ordered the ADM Recon SL 0-MOA but it's going to sit on a 20MOA rail. The ADM says it's 1.19in from centre to top of the rail, so if my math is right, that's 30.226mm and half of a 50mm objective is 25mm, which leaves 5.226mm opf wiggle room.

02.jpg

That being said, the tip of the objective will be lower because of the 20moa rail it's sitting on, and if I throw the sunshade on with flip caps, it will eat up more of that clearnace. I'm cutting it really close, so I'm hoping it all fits when everything arrives. Does anyone have any pics of a similar set up?

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 45