• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High MPG beater the new status symbol. Show your's

Re: High MPG beater the new status symbol. Show your's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UgashikBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on the Honda's. I can usually stay in the 30mpg bracket assuming I don't get caught in the rush hour stop and go stuff.
03112011-8.jpg
</div></div>

Ah yes the caribou migration? LOL

Damn nice picture!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1980 VW Scirocco.
1991 Jetta 1.8 with the AUG transmission (Lower geared).

55mpg on the highway before high-flow cat, 48 on the highway AFTER the high flow cat.

Not to mention it handles like it's on rails, looks sharp, and there isn't another one within 20 miles of me.

VWKitty.jpg
</div></div>

Pussy Magnet!!

Been looking BMW:s. New 5 -series sedan can go 8.0secs 0-60mph with 55MPG on highway. Smaller X3 SUV about same performance, but 47MPG. Not too bad.

'89 Bronco
4.9 straight 6
Milled head for 10.5-1
Bored .40 over.
Using a Impco 425a mixer with a 60 gallon propane tank mounted in back.

I get about 30MPG, but only pay 2.35 a gallon.

'93 BMW 325is. All the options: heated sport seats, computer, power sunroof, etc. Low 20s mpg around town and 30 something on the highway at 70. Helped buy used for boy 4 years ago for college, he graduated then got a job bought a 350Z and gave it back. Never thought would see it again. Reliable and fun to drive for an old beater with nearly 200hp and a 5-speed. Great drivers cockpit, instruments, & airflow. Have seen drivable E36 3 series for $1500 and less.

If go used BMW it pays to shop around and find one well maintained so reliable for a while. They all have a book and find one with all the right stamps in it from the dealer. The major service is every 60K miles and got this one right after it got is 120K service. No problems yet - at the typical $2K per year to drive something decent it has paid for itself already a couple times.

Running used free vegetable oil from restaurants where can get free in a early 80s Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel (or VW diesel) has always been part of my plan. The 300D has torque to spare at 30mpg on diesel out of the pump. Would be nearly free on vegi oil going down the highway. They are going up in price (many get scrapped) while still affordable when find a reliable one that drives.

1990 Pontiac Sunbird. 234,000 Miles on it and pulls 33mpg no matter how I drive it, 75mph on the hwy or in town traffic. Best part... It doesn't owe me a dime!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nidstyles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'89 Bronco
4.9 straight 6
Milled head for 10.5-1
Bored .40 over.
Using a Impco 425a mixer with a 60 gallon propane tank mounted in back.

I get about 30MPG, but only pay 2.35 a gallon. </div></div>

That is awesome! What did the Impco cost?