• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High-Viz front sight on revolver...

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    Has anyone installed this on a wheelgun? I was out shooting a couple days ago, and even with bright fingernail polish on the front ramp, the current original sights leave a lot to be desired. It seems like a viable solution to me for my OLD eyes, and it looks like simple installation by removing/reinstalling a roll pin.

Thoughts or a better product to consider?

The fiber optic sights are a nice upgrade. I put a red dot on my revolver though, my old eyes have trouble focusing on any front sight.

Reactions: DIBBS
    As stated above, my eyesight has deteriorated a fair amount, even with corrective lenses, and this looks like a reasonable cheap upgrade.

It states the height is the same, I am hoping that there is a fair amount of room on each side of the rear notch for ... daylight.

Factory sights... blurry

If blurry is the problem, I don't think it will help lots. Go check out a local gun store and pick up any fiber front sight pistol and see if you like it.

If not find any red dot optic mounted pistol and try it out. Red dots do not work for all old eyes, but it is best for most.

If you go red dot try to mount dot as close to frame as you can. Something like this is better than having a picatinny in the middle.

My S&W 66 357 mag. Love it.

16567870193415629661573790156836.jpg

Oh... "wheelgun" makes me cringe. lol But yes, I have FO front sights on many revolvers (and semi autos too). Sadly I'm at the point where I won't consider buying a handgun that doesn't have a removable front blade so I can put a fiber optic on it. I don't like the looks, but they all look better actually being used than sitting in a safe, not. I have all different brands and a couple custom ones. I know I've bought HIVIZ ones but don't recall 100% what I put them on.

Maybe??? not sure.
    IMG_0127.jpg

SDM
    625.jpg

EGW
    34_photo.JPG

Custom's
    FAs%20copy.jpg

SDM
    image_5.jpg

Custom
    ClementsHartonFO.jpg