• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Highest round count pistols, lets see em

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
ok i'll start this thread too, i just worked with a FBI guy with over 100,000 rounds on one wilson combat built 1911 frame and slide. pretty fucking impressive. lets see yours! and here the numbers.

Re: Highest round count pistols, lets see em

242d3jn.jpg

I lose,Yost Heirloom,25 rounds

I'll have to get some pics snapped for this.

There is/was a former SWAT fella over on HKPro that had over 160k rounds through his USP Tactical .45

He had never changed a single part, and sent it to HK after leaving the team. HK stated all parts/springs were within spec, but swapped them out for him anyway as a courtesy.

How in the hell does someone even keep track of that?

they can estimate i guess. i know my g17 has over 15k on it, my WWWII repro 1911 has about 3k on it now, my 226 at work had easily over 50k on it. g19 probably close to 10k, 45c is right at around 2k right now.

kinda spread the love

I wish I actually knew how many were on some of mine. I know that 15k is nothing for some of them; even the ones I don't shoot very often. My rimfire pistol probably has 2x that. I know I have 8-10k on a pistol that I've only owned for about 2 years, including 3,000 rounds in a single weekend.

B0432853-C558-4352-8034-9DBAE4DDEFD3-379-00000050964A9786_zps6e414abc.jpg

The left is a series one gold combat and it has ~15K through it. I carry it mostly

The right is a full rail TRP that has eaten about 25-30K

I buy 45acp 5K at a time so that is how I am estimating my numbers

I wonder how many Kraig has got on that old 1911 of his...

p226 DAKr going on about 4k 9mm

Hundreds of Thousands of 9 through this puppy.... shooting the same barrel, just changed the springs. Bought it in 1989-90... nice low serial number.

OldschoolGlock.jpg

Chip in the magwell from reloads, worn finish, this is the go to pistol.. I can't even begin to say how much, but I know I have dumped ammo cans full of 9mm through this pistol. Anything and everything, and it just keeps going.

C251870C-9E34-437D-9341-BEA45F1BAA07-24819-000013D4B87C35BD.jpg

i recently stippled it but this g17 has a TON of rounds its a gen 3 its easily over 15k

IMG_0190.jpg

This one had just over 15,000 through it a few years ago when this was taken.

Haven't shot it a ton since but probably 18,000 total.

This one was born long before I was (1943) Don't know how many rounds before I got it in the late 70s but I had access to all the NG ammo I could shoot, unk how many thousands of rounds I put through it and its still going stong (only with reloads now)

USSC%201911%20Slide%202.JPG

I was issued this Model 28 in '74, carried it in LE for 20 years, The Dept gave it to me when I retired and I still shoot the crap out of it, all full power 357s. Its my Bowling Pin Gun now.

Model%2028.JPG

This one was given to my Grandfather by his father when he went to work on the ranches in Colo and Neb in the late 1800s, Went from my grandfather to my father, me, then will go to my oldest son. No telling how many rounds, it was the first revolver I've shot, and I still shoot it quite a bit today. 44 Russian Model 3, Still going strong.

guns%20004.jpg

I have a couple more high round count pistols/revolvers but these are the three that come to mind right now. Both me and my guns are old and have a lot of miles.

Not sure exactly how many, but average 20,000 a year 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2011, 2012.
Its done now. Cracked slide and excessively worn frame.
Originally built by Millenium Custom. Would hold a 3" group at 100m when new and would still shoot into an inch at 25m now.
197e29af.jpg

190.jpg

This is the 2nd gun I ever bought. 6" 686+
bought in sept 1999. Kept track till it hit 60k, then I ran out of room in a closet that I kept the empty primer boxes. I used to be a major league pack rat. Still have it and it's still a work horse. Used abused never missed a beat.

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

DSCN1980.jpg

Wilson LE Comp circa 1984. 100,000+ rounds so far:
IMG_1857.jpg

I guess i am on the low end of things with my two kimbers...my Pro carry II has almost 7k down the tube with a total of 7 failures, 6 on the same day due to a recoil spring issue, and the 7th at about the 1000 round mark due to a poorly sized case not chambering. My TLE custom I bought used and i know it didn't have much through it, it was pristine. Its comming up on 1500 rounds.

My Glock 17 Gen3, about 4 yrs old, has around 25k round count. My G34, 2 months old, has around 3k.

I don't have the gun any longer as I gave up USPSA Production in favor of Revolver division, but my Glock 34 had close to 13k when I sold it. And it wasn't even broken in yet!

I know a dude with 75k plus on his STI Limited gun.

KraigWY,
Interested in replacing that US&S Co with a new Wilson or Nighthawk?