• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns highly considering a ZT??

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
Im highly considering getting a Zero Tolerance - Black Tiger Stripe Assisted Folder - ZT303

any one had anything to do with this brand???

ZT0303_zps709b90df.jpg

Re: highly considering a ZT??

went from Benchmades and CRKTs to EDCing a ZT350 Tiger Stripe exclusively. I love mine, they have been used to cut, pry, and stab stuff and they take every bit and keep coming back for some more.

yea i got a benchmade a few years ago, i thought i got a bum one, but i have herd from others, not what their $$ to be.

I carry a ZT0300 in my pocket everyday at work, which is exactly like the one you have pictured minus the tiger striping. I also own a ZT0121 fixed blade. I've done everything from opening cardboard boxes and cutting zip ties to slicing open HESCOS in Afghanistan and prying open 5.56mm ammo crates. They take it all in stride. My ZT knives have thick blades which make them heavy but I actually prefer this since I abuse my knives. It's something to consider though if you plan on using it for EDC. The 0350 that Deadly has is thinner and lighter so is more appropriate for carry. I think ZT raised their prices since I bought mine because I don't remember paying as much as they're asking for them now.

I have a 0350ST ... fine for typical stuff, but not dimensionally suited for proper abuse, even if it might take it for a bit. No issues so far, and seems better put together than others that I've had from "name" companies.

DO IT! I carry the 302 everyday. It is awesome. the ergonomics of the knife are awesome and the strength and function are second to none. I have a lot of "high" end knives and this one is just as good if not better than most that are 2X or more the cost.

You can find these online at Amazon or other places for ~190-210$ It is an awesome value.

Ceylon here on the hide is now a ZT dealer so I'd let him have first shot at making you a great deal and a proud new owner.

I just added a ZT 0561 (Thanks Veer) to the lineup.

I EDC an 0560 and I like it much better than the mini TSEK it replaced. Beefy blade with a good steel, great lockup, and smooth action.

I picked up a ZT 350sw last week, it's now my favorite new knife. I own Benchmade, Spyderco, and others. The ZT is the most knife for the $$ by far. You will not be dissapointed, but for EDC, you might look into the 350 also.

ZT is awesome. I've had a few, but my favorite by far is the ZT 0360 SKD. I use it as my EDC and work knife.

Buy one with confidence. they make great knives at decent prices. I edc a ZT0200 and have no issues with the weight. The dlc coating on the blade cleans up nicely after having keys rubbing on them for a couple of years.

I wouldn't hesitate to get a ZT again. I have a ZT 200 with the serration and I love it.

I have that model, and am pleased with the quality, function, etc. FYI, it is on the large size for EDC.

I agree with a lot of the guys who recommended Zero Tolerance. I use as an occasional EDC a 0350ST & have been very impressed with the finish, ergonomics, and durability. I will say that it is a touch on the large & heavy side for an EDC, but I like the knife so much that it still finds my pocket a few times a week.

If you're wanting some others to consider, take a look at the following:

Benchmade Mini Griptilian;
Kershaw Knockout;
Kershaw Scallion;
Benchmade Griptilian;
Spyderco Paramilitary 2;

Best of luck & in the interest of full disclosure, I am a dealer for all the brands listed above along with Zero Tolerance.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I bought a 350 Tiger Stripe today, 126 delivered off of eGay.

I have both ZT 0300 series and 0200 series knives. They are both BIG in the pocket initially. After a short period you will get used to the size and weight. They are both bullet proof and extremely capable knives, you can't go wrong with either. That being said I tend to carry the 200 more.

You might also look for a original full size Manix by Spyderco. Also a great knife.

Got my ZT350ts today, very nice indeed, sharp as hell, a little slow at first opening but after playing with it sped up.

I have had a couple of ZT autos and a large fixed blade. Carried them on duty for years. Fantastic knives. I understand that ZT is or was the premium brand for Kershaw. Kershaw used to make nice knives. However, now that Kershaw is made in China, they are cheap crap. I mean like gas station counter knives. Dont know if ZT is still American made or if they are still part of Kershaw.

I have a 301 and I love it. Sadly Im thinking of selling because I have to many knifes and I carry my CRKT M21 more than that.

But it is a great knife!! Built like a tank too.

EDC a ZT 0200 and also own several Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Boker knives. The ZT is my fave want to get a 0560 and 0550 that Rick Hinderer helped design.