• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK 45C questons

LibertyArms

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2010
Southwest PA
had some quick questions. will be in the market for a new pistol, and for the most part am a 1911 fan. Im looking for a new pistol to suppress, and was reading an artical on the new hk45ct, and wanted feedback from others as to how it felt. It is supposed to be re-designed more like the 1911 with controlls and thiner slimmer frame. That was the only downfall of them in the past, the usps where are always very bulky to me. Just want to see the thoughts of those who have or have fired them.

Re: HK 45C questons

I have bigger hands so I've liked them when I got to fondle them at gun shops.

I have an HK USP Compact I carry everywhere and I swear by that pistol. You can find an HK USP-C and get a threaded barrel off Adam Webber @ hkparts.net if you find the USP-C cheaper.

Either way, HK kicks ass and I wish I would've gotten a USP 45 back when they were going for $675 new at my local gun store back in like 2004
frown.gif

It is true that the safety is more like a 1911. However it is not as easy to engage as the 1911. Going off safe felt the same. I would have bought the weapon but could not justify the $300 jump from the Sig 220 Carry which I bought instead.

Unless I end up finding a good deal on another P7M8orM13 I'm pretty sure my next purchase is going to be one of the HK45's. I really do like the feel of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWG818</div><div class="ubbcode-body">had some quick questions. will be in the market for a new pistol, and for the most part am a 1911 fan. Im looking for a new pistol to suppress, and was reading an artical on the new hk45ct, and wanted feedback from others as to how it felt. It is supposed to be re-designed more like the 1911 with controlls and thiner slimmer frame. That was the only downfall of them in the past, the usps where are always very bulky to me. Just want to see the thoughts of those who have or have fired them. </div></div>
I carry a 45c every day and I LOVE IT! Before that I was carrying a G27 and before that a H&K USP40.

I have a H&K USP45 Tactical that I shoot in USPSA “Production” and for that it is a Cadillac (or should I say BMW?). It’s obviously way too big for a carry gun though.

In comparison to the 45 Tactical the 45c is almost as good when it comes to “shoot ability”. Even though I have large hands the 45c drops right into them perfectly and a pistol as small as it is in .45 has no right shooting as well as it does. I’d say the compact shoots 95% as well as the Tactical and that’s pretty impressive. The tactical is a LOT larger, handles recoil better, has a longer sight radius, match trigger etc yet the compact is “right there” when it comes to performance. It has also eaten every load I have thrown at it with zero malfunctions. Aside from the price its perfect in my opinion.

I shoot a lot of 1911’s and in my opinion if you like the 1911 feel the 45c is as close as you are going to get to one with something that is not a 1911.

I love my H&K’s though so I’m a bit bias.
wink.gif

The new hk45 and hk45c have great egros. I've had a hk45 before and it fits very well. The only drawback from the hk45 vs the 1911 is the trigger. I shoot the 1911 because of the excellent triggers you can get in them. I believe you will find the hk trigger too soft and mushy.

Goodluck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockSteady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new hk45 and hk45c have great egros. I've had a hk45 before and it fits very well. The only drawback from the hk45 vs the 1911 is the trigger. I shoot the 1911 because of the excellent triggers you can get in them. I believe you will find the hk trigger too soft and mushy.

Goodluck! </div></div>
You are 100% correct about the triggers. You just can’t beat a 1911. Just yesterday I was shooting a nice Kimber 1911, a STI 1911 (very nice), a H&K USP45 Tactical and a HK45c. H&K does a god job with there triggers but because of the basic design they will never be as good as the 1911’s. That being said for a “defense” gun the H&K triggers are PLENTY good. The 45 Tactical’s “Match” trigger is 90% of what one of the good 1911 triggers is.

If I were using it for a competition gun there is no doubt that I would rather have a 1911. The main advantage being the trigger. But when it comes to a defense or tactical situation the H&K triggers are more than good enough to put rounds on target effectively. The SOCOM guys seem to like them. I heard the SEALS are now carrying the HK45c.

All of this needs to be taken with a grain of salt though. It’s hard to buy a “bad” gun these days. When it comes to defense pistols there are so many good options I think it comes down more to what fits in your hands better (which will let you shoot better) than any “features” a specific brand may have.

Obviously I’m a H&K dork but after that I like the S&W M&P’s, then the Glocks, then the Springfield XD’s and then the Sig’s. But you can’t go wrong with any of them. I suggest shooting them all, see what works best ergonomically for you and get one chambered in something that starts with a “4”. No matter what you go with if you can’t eliminate the threat, it’s not the guns fault.

Good luck!

I've owned a HK45C, which I sold to my Dad, who wanted a compact 45. It was a great gun. It's snappier than my HK USP Expert or FNP45 Competition. The match trigger on the HK USP Expert is as good as the one on the Valor. I would look at the FN45 Tactical. I wish I would have purchased this one instead of the Competition, because I want an Osprey can now. It's hard to find another threaded barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bri0242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've owned a HK45C, which I sold to my Dad, who wanted a compact 45. It was a great gun. It's snappier than my HK USP Expert or FNP45 Competition.</div></div>
YOU THINK! The 45c is about half their size, LOL!

My 45c is certainly snappier than my USP45 Tactical, but I did shoot a USPSA match with the “c” and I was surprised how easy double taps were for its size.

The FNP is NICE! Do you carry the full size 45’s? I tried to carry my Tactical a few times and it’s just way too big to conceal comfortably.

Get a greyguns trigger job done on the HK45, pick up a threaded barrel for it. And listen to the sound of silence!!!!