• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

HK 93 PSG1

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
HK 93 spg.jpg

They had a really incredible auction in Houston this week. A collector passed away and his estate hired a local gun club to liquidate his collection. This particular gentleman had a thing for HK. When I got to the auction, they displayed 30 SP5 in various configurations including a couple in 10mm and a couple in .40 cal. He had multiple full autos including 3 HK trigger packs, 2 small pin M16 A1s, 3 Steyer Augs, 3 or 4 AKs including a full auto Krink. Because I always wanted one, I bought this bad boy.

I found a short thread on this rifle on the forum but I am looking to put a scope on the rifle. I am not really sure about mounting options, the attached claw mount looks to be Weaver style. Do any of you know of a PIC rail mounting solution? Having read about this rifle quite a bit, I am leaning toward putting the Schmidt and Bender PMII in 3x12 which they started doing in 2005 or 2006.

That's an Hk91 in 7.62x51, not an Hk93 (5.56). I was trying to make sense of the title vs what’s in the pic.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of bullshit under the hood that allows PSG1s and MSG90s to be what they are. Half-moon rollers for example

Yeah it was really the barrels that made them what they were, the trigger was ok but they sell for thousands today with the original wood grip. Man I wish I had kept mine but hindsight is a bitch…..

That an Hk91 in 7.62x51, not an Hk93 (5.56). I was trying to make sense of the title vs what’s in the pic.
It was, I bought both and just mixed up the title with the gun. I am still brooding about buying the HK 51 with the 8 inch barrel in .308.