• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK Barrel ?

swordfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2009
Daphne , AL
OK got a HK556 piston and thinking about getting the barrel
turned down or fluted to lighten things up . do you think it
will kill the accuracy ? Who would you trust to do the work ?

Re: HK Barrel ?

Jayson at IGF (Investment Grade Firearms)

You will void your lifetime warranty if you alter your rifle, HK will not honor warranty claims with un authorized alterations, and your re-sale value will invariably plummet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H&K HIGH COST </div></div>

whats repr stand for then? hmmm, really expensive pison rifle. KAC= kant afford cost?

I think there is some pent up hostility against HK lol, I agree they have the worst customer service department/policies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, but their products are truly imo world class, I have never once had an issue with anything purchased from Heckler and Koch. Agreed the prices are on the high end, but if you consider that all the guns they sell are backed by a lifetime warranty I think the extra money is understandable.

Also the US government nearly bankrupted HK with the 1989 gun ban, millions of dollars were invested into the civilian HK model 91 ready for our market. and our government banned their product by name. Consider further that this took place well after HK paid for all the necessary import permits and had infact shipped many rifles which sat in US customs wharehouses after being denied entry. If this was my company,after investing millions of dollars in order to take advantage of the free US trade market, and a government made me lose a large percent of my investment with no way to recoupe losses I too may not have the best customer service policy when dealing with that country's citizenry.

HK builds quality guns that will last a lifetime, I owm several and have never even had an issue with either I cannot say that about most of the other firearms I have purchased from other manufacturer's. Hk is expensive but IMHO well worth the additional cost,afterall lets not forget they are the pioneers of polymer hand gun design. My USP 45 variant 1 is the second most accuate right out of the box pistol I have ever shot, sig 220 takes 1st place. Love em or hate em HK is known for quality, accuracy, and legendary reliability.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redneck_Riot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think there is some pent up hostility against HK lol, I agree they have the worst customer service department/policies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with, but their products are truly imo world class, I have never once had an issue with anything purchased from Heckler and Koch. Agreed the prices are on the high end, but if you consider that all the guns they sell are backed by a lifetime warranty I think the extra money is understandable.

Also the US government nearly bankrupted HK with the 1989 gun ban, millions of dollars were invested into the civilian HK model 91 ready for our market. and our government banned their product by name. Consider further that this took place well after HK paid for all the necessary import permits and had infact shipped many rifles which sat in US customs wharehouses after being denied entry. If this was my company,after investing millions of dollars in order to take advantage of the free US trade market, and a government made me lose a large percent of my investment with no way to recoupe losses I too may not have the best customer service policy when dealing with that country's citizenry.</div></div>
Hit the nail on the head with that one. Same thing Ronnie Barret is doing to Kalifornia just on a MUCH smaller scale. Such a balance when you look at customer service compared to product quality. Would you rather have bad customer service on a firearm that never failed, or a shit product that the company is glad to trade you for another shit product. Hmmm decisions decisions.

just my thoughts Mechanic, too me it's simple logic customer service is only important if it's needed I have not needed it on any HK firearm I have purchased ever.

I have owned multiple HK firearms and all are superb. I rather have a product that i never have to use customer service than a product that breaks down all the time but has great customer service. Obviously, a product that breaks down all the time with shitty customer service is no bueno.

FYI, Afghanistan has the worlds richest Lithium deposits. Billions of dollars in the wind. Why do you think we are fighting so hard to have a shot at the motherload? Not for the Opium. All we gotta do is beat the Mujahedin into submission and and outbid the Chinese. Piece of cake, right? How many little geegaws we use rely on Lithium batteries? China has banned export of Rare Earth Minerals starting last July. So your night vision optics, laptops, cell phones, big screen TV's, and on and on are about to get very expensive or non existent. Great article in National Geographic about this situation. The Lithium was discovered by the Russians in the 80's and the surveys sat unrealized until last year. The world is changing rapidly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI, Afghanistan has the worlds richest Lithium deposits. Billions of dollars in the wind. Why do you think we are fighting so hard to have a shot at the motherload? Not for the Opium. All we gotta do is beat the Mujahedin into submission and and outbid the Chinese. Piece of cake, right? How many little geegaws we use rely on Lithium batteries? China has banned export of Rare Earth Minerals starting last July. So your night vision optics, laptops, cell phones, big screen TV's, and on and on are about to get very expensive or non existent. Great article in National Geographic about this situation. The Lithium was discovered by the Russians in the 80's and the surveys sat unrealized until last year. The world is changing rapidly. </div></div>

LOL? I thought we were all threadjacking badly, but you have taken the cake. Doesn anybody know where the OP can get his barrel turned?

inetersting bit of info though.

Just blathering in my old age. Call Bill Richie at EDM, he can do anything with his shop.