• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK USP Expert Service Use?

S1erra1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2011
Nth Qld Australia
Hi All,
I'm looking to upgrade my USP Tactical to an Expert but have a slight problem.
The competition I compete in here states that all eligible firearms must have supporting documentation or other proof that they have been, or are currently being used by either a Military or LE agency/unit. This can be World wide and in any of the calibers available.
So my question is, Does anyone know of any Services or LE units using the Expert?
I've emailed HK in the US, UK & Germany and so far only the US branch has replied with a "Not that we're aware of" so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
S1

The spirit of your competition demands that it be a service weapon typically issued to police and military. The Expert is pretty much for competition. I've seen it labeled as a "race gun." Seeking its competitive advantage is like showing up in a Lamborghini or a Lotus just because the Italian Carabinieri use them. I'd rethink it.

Considering other competitors are using STI's and Tanfoglio's after getting them added to the list I really don't have an issue with using a Lamborghini in a race against Ferrari's. (Should I find proof of service)
But thank's for your opinion.

Considering other competitors are using STI's and Tanfoglio's after getting them added to the list I really don't have an issue with using a Lamborghini in a race against Ferrari's. (Should I find proof of service)
But thank's for your opinion.

If they're bending the rules, go ahead, but where are they issuing STI 2011s? Bahrain? Sounds like your organizers are playing favorites.

If you haven't asked on HK Pro, I would ask there. I am not aware of Experts being used by LE/Mil but there may be a small town SWAT unit that uses them and some of the guys at HK Pro will know.

However, as a huge HK fanboy I do not see a big difference in USP Expert and USP Tactical

If you haven't asked on HK Pro, I would ask there. I am not aware of Experts being used by LE/Mil but there may be a small town SWAT unit that uses them and some of the guys at HK Pro will know.

However, as a huge HK fanboy I do not see a big difference in USP Expert and USP Tactical

Thanks mate, Will do.
I know there's not a great deal of difference but I don't really want another model the same as I have when there is something better (even slightly) available. My current USP was originally owned by a shooting range and has had who knows haw many rounds through it, and while it still performs well, it just can't compete with some of these others.

Thanks mate, Will do.
I know there's not a great deal of difference but I don't really want another model the same as I have when there is something better (even slightly) available. My current USP was originally owned by a shooting range and has had who knows haw many rounds through it, and while it still performs well, it just can't compete with some of these others.

I would never try to talk someone out of buying a new firearm, especially an HK! The Expert is consistently the fan favorite at HK Pro, but the tactical is right behind it. Good luck with your search!

worst case send it to me for a week, ill qualify with it and you can have a copy of my Florida Department of Law Enforcement handgun qualification cert.