• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK USP Tactical 45

ocherp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
I'll be picking one up at the end of the month and have been looking into some mods for it. I've found Grayguns (GGI) and have read nothing but good reviews on them, except for maybe their price. I was wondering what other HK smiths would you guys recommend. I'm looking at that Reduced Reset package from GGI, any other things I should do or stay away from? Thanks.

Re: HK USP Tactical 45

Bruce Gray and his crew are some of THE finest HK smiths in the business for pistol work. I have a Grayguns Action Clean-up and Reduced Reset Carry Trigger job on my USPc .45 which is my EDC. Yes, his prices are high, but no higher and no more out of line when you consider the initial cost of HK Pistols compared to other models on the market, the price of parts and all the work/time involved in their packages.

Bill Springfield (of HK91/G3 trigger fame) also works on USPs and does nice work! See here: http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html

The best advice I can give you is to actually shoot it before you decide on anything!!!!! The USP Tacticals include HKs Match Trigger and adjustable trigger stop. While the DA is still fairly long and a little heavy, they are decent triggers without modification. If you shoot it and don't like it, then you can decide what, if any, trigger work will improve things for you. One of the things I would recommend without you even seeing/shooting the pistol is to get a decent set of night sights installed. While the USP Tactical's Match/Adjustable sights are nice and the height certainly allows for seeing over any suppressor I have used with one...the basic black on black "target" sights leave a lot to be desired on a pistol like the Tactical unless it will be used purely as a range toy.

Greyguns triggers are amazingingly awesome. You cant go wrong and they are WORTH the price!

Wait and shoot it. I would absolutely understand a trigger job on USPs, P30s, etc. but the match trigger on the tactical is pretty nice... particularly if you are comfortable with carrying it cocked and locked so you are only dealing with single action.

Oregonlaw76
You're right, that trigger is pretty nice, put 600 rds through it this week. I'm thinking I might just stay with the factory trigger and settings, really starting to like it the more I shoot it, plus with the TiRant mounted, its a no brainer.

Yep the triggers on the hk USP tac are pretty nice right out of the box, I can't see doing any work on mine until it gets a little sloppy.

I'll chime in with the same advice to take some time shooting it first. Some of those HK triggers are pretty good from the factory so you may find it unnecessary to spend the time/$ sending it off to get a trigger job.