• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK USP9 V1 Price and Reliability.

tabby

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2013
Washington
Hello everyone!

What's your opinions on pricing? and reliability of the HK USP9 V1.
Retail new they're around $950-1150 I'm seeing them new, etc not used slightly or anything.

What about your thoughts on slightly priced?

Overpriced? Just right? Under priced?
Reasons onto why they're overpriced, just right or under and why they are worth the money?
Everyone on here is pretty knowledgeable, so far that I've seen... so inputs!

Questions, comments, concerns!

You know what you never see ? A thread on a f*^ked up HK that won't function. Utterly reliable, so you can rule that out of your questioning. Maybe you meant pricing and AVAILABILITY ? ?

Well... all of the above.

See I've had several contractor friends and select personnel that have given me some mixed reviews.
Some say they're the best handgun, hard to find yes, and worth the price paying for them.
Some say they're not the best. I'm just trying to get a complete fix on it.

My friends overseas use a variety of weapons, and little of them use the USP.

So for you... pricing and availability.. worth paying 900 for em?

I have the exact model that you are talking about. While it is fun to shoot, I pass it over in favor of smaller and more compact guns when deciding what to carry. It would make a fantastic duty gun. It is accurate, and it is reliable. It is also a very large gun. My biggest gripe is the size of the grip, you would have to be a giant to comfortably grip it. That said, it is still in my gunsafe. As far as pricing, a lot of that has to do with the exchange rate fluctuation. I honestly thing that it is over priced at $900.

Chip

If you are paying $950 to $1150 that is way overpriced, Brand new they are around the $800 mark shipped all day long from Cross Creek Guns and a lot of other sellers

The USP ones are very reliable and well proven from many years of being in use. I would however also take a look at the new P30 series (and P30L) depending on your hand size as they are a lot more ergonomic for a lot of people.

You can get used USP 9mm pistols in good condition probably in the $650 range or so.

I would suggest you wander over to HKPRO.COM Home when you get a chance to look around.

If you are paying $950 to $1150 that is way overpriced, Brand new they are around the $800 mark shipped all day long from Cross Creek Guns and a lot of other sellers

The USP ones are very reliable and well proven from many years of being in use. I would however also take a look at the new P30 series (and P30L) depending on your hand size as they are a lot more ergonomic for a lot of people.

You can get used USP 9mm pistols in good condition probably in the $650 range or so.

I would suggest you wander over to HKPRO.COM Home when you get a chance to look around.

This is exactly right. The P30 would be my suggestion.

Questions, comments, concerns!
As far as function it's a great pistol, dependable, balances well, fun to shoot, and tough. The grip is relatively large so not the best for small hands. I didn't like the V1 DA/SA so I swapped the trigger to the LEM and like it MUCH better. Magazines are expensive compared to most ($45) and you should be able to purchase one as already mentioned for about 8 bills. It has a pretty unique mag release that is very easy to get used to and finally it's a blocky pistol (but personally, I like the look.)

Exceedingly reliable. The price is high at 900. Look around, you can find them for less. Yes mags are pricey, but you get what oyu pay for. The mags are as reliable as the gun. It comes with ambi-mag release. Only thing you really need to change out are the stock sights for night sights. Take a look also at the P30.

I have a USP Compact in .357sig and I do not recall ever having any issues with the function of the weapon.

Recently I did find that my Trijicon rear sight can be moved with my bare hand so I'm a little concerned my that my rear sight is out of spec. I hope it is not the slide, however being a KK (1999) date code it's been carried for years without issue so I hope it's just the Trijicon.

I own 3 usp's (9, 9T, 45Match)

Love them! Excellent guns.

Only one jam in my 1997-date USP9mm!

I find USP's from anywhere in the 600-700 dollar range used (the 40's are even cheaper at 419.00 used at PSA.com) New, they go for about 800-900 at "deal" prices on slickguns.

Here are the prices I have paid in the last 2 years:
- USP 9mm used - 600.00
- USP 9mm Tactical - 970.00
- USP Match 45 - 3,000.00

Here they are!

1003715_10101666829287774_1062968951_n.jpg

I own 3 usp's (9, 9T, 45Match)

Love them! Excellent guns.

Only one jam in my 1997-date USP9mm!

I find USP's from anywhere in the 600-700 dollar range used (the 40's are even cheaper at 419.00 used at PSA.com) New, they go for about 800-900 at "deal" prices on slickguns.

Here are the prices I have paid in the last 2 years:
- USP 9mm used - 600.00
- USP 9mm Tactical - 970.00
- USP Match 45 - 3,000.00

Here they are!

1003715_10101666829287774_1062968951_n.jpg

PSA.com?

Oh and you have a USP 45 Match... I hate you in jealous envy! ;)

USP FS units around high 600's to 740 for fair pricing on new. CDNN used to have pretty fair consumer deals.

1 malf. on a bent case WWB round, tack driver and would not hesitate to have it as the only one. But, parts are high priced and can be harder to find. Also, if you have not held a P30, highly suggest before buying. Remember = the P30 and USP mags are not interchangeable. Which is why running a G19 is favorable since you can use G17 mags. Not saying I am a big fan of the rear decocker on the P30's, but.......

Finally, if you feel so inclined for the LEM trigger, best try before buying as well. Not that it's terrible, but it is poor for such a price IMO.

choose your poison and run with it, odds are you'll have an excellent unit for the long haul.

I have that gun but in 40 cal
when I was 21 an super poor now im just poor lol I got a east german Makarov and it was my for all pistol, when I turned 23 I got my 40 hk high cap were still bad to own back then so I got the 10 rounders for it, next month I turn 38 so now im older an poor haha
well I have all most 11k rounds in it, the extractor bar on the side is purple .. still shoots great never had any type of misfire or jam or ftf or extract there was about two years I was trying to jam the dang but really lose an it won, now only thing is that it has a little take up in the trigger im thinking of sending it off to some one an have the match trigger put in it, back then I got it new for 1000 so yours is a little over the price
these days I have about 12+ 10 round mags about 16 13 round mags the jet funnel an 6 16 round mags
I say go for it you will be happy just get a better price
dave