• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog Double Kill W/ One Bullet

308crosshairs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas

I was hog hunting this weekend from a particular tower blind that is 670 yrds from the deer feeder. I also placed a pile of corn 30 yrds farther from the feeder. At around 0900 four hogs came to the 700 yrd corn pile. After they settled down eating, the black sow was perfectly broad side with black and white boar broad side behind the sow, that was the setup.

So i tried to visualize where the boar's neck was, so i placed the crosshairs on the sow's shoulder and it was the correct placement. Had no wind issues, wind was at my 6 and very little at the time. The bullet passed though both hogs. The boars entrance wound was about size of a quarter, with exit wound about the same. Wish i could have found that bullet
( 250 gr Accubond ). I had a good week killing hogs, last weekend killed one with Winchester Model 70 pre 64 and now with a 338LM. That's the way it is with me, feast or famine killing hogs.

Last edited:
Nice job, 670 yards to boot, not the easiest shot when considering aligning the exit to catch the second one as well. Congrats, wish we had those opportunities around here!

Thanks gents, i didn't quite expect this to happen like it did, because two weeks ago i had two coyotes eating on a dead pig at 600 yrds that were side by side and i screwed up the shot. After i missed, i started second guessing what went wrong. It was me, nut behind trigger of course, i had dialed the wrong comeup for 600 yrds. So i guess i redeemed myself a little bet.

Thanks guys....I agree one bullet for two pigs is the way to go, very economical. Hunting with that Model 70 was alot of fun i must say, so much fun that i'll prolly do it again!