• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hog meets the 162 Amax

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wm7tTrhYtuk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wm7tTrhYtuk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Hog meets the 162 Amax

Is it me or is there some bullet glint on the left side of the frame when the shot breaks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boudin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it me or is there some bullet glint on the left side of the frame when the shot breaks? </div></div>

Yeah I noticed it also. I live how still legged the hog goes when he's hit.

Hey jered show us a pic of he 7 mm /338 lapua you had at Tom's place .

I had to go back and watch it on the large version I have here. I can watch it on a 32" screen frame by frame. The camera was sitting on my right in the blind and I'm on the left. That's actually the bullet in the frame. It's only in one frame and it's really blurry but it's copper color and there is nothing else coming out of that gun that's copper color other than a 162 Amax. Crazy that you guys caught that. I never saw it. The light had to be just right to make that happen. You are seeing a reflection from the sun off of the bullet. I've never seen it that close before. I have actually caught the projectile in a frame before though. I have a shot on a hog from two years ago were you can see the actual projectile in flight for two frames. Not the bullet trace. The video is so nasty I never put it on the net. Basically the 285g bullet goes through the ribs and blows it's back leg off. Baby piglets in the road etc. It's a bad deal.

Meet Obadiah. Obadiah does not play well with others.

IMG_7836_zpse5ea45fc.jpg

IMG_7838_zps065ee48a.jpg

IMG_7707_zpsc2e6a29c.jpg

Take note of that fine specimen in the middle. It was too ugly to let walk. Not me the deer..........

I would like to see you get 2 of them lined up and dropped at once!

I shot the hog with "Precious" (my 284) I gave the hog to some of the ranch hands so I never saw the inside. The shot was only around 200. I didn't even range it because there was no need at that distance.

Triple shocks are the way to go for the 2 in 1 shot. An Amax will never make it.

Jered- Wondering if your action is long or short for the .284?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jered- Wondering if your action is long or short for the .284? </div></div>

She's a long action

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jered- Wondering if your action is long or short for the .284? </div></div>

She's a long action

</div></div>

Unlike his pipi!

I did see that 7mm go through a ar 500 steel plate. Pretty amazing! But someone still owes me 100 bucks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triple shocks are the way to go for the 2 in 1 shot. An Amax will never make it.

</div></div>

I've done the twofer on a few smaller pigs this year with the 162's but the damage on the second never seems to be enough to anchor them at impact.

Jered, how fast are you pushing the 162's out the 284 win?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nolo263</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did see that 7mm go through a ar 500 steel plate. Pretty amazing! But someone still owes me 100 bucks! </div></div>

Come on now. You are the one that owes me $100. I told you it would go threw it and it did. Nothing will with the plate tilted on an angle.

JDB,
I slowed them down to 3500 to keep them in one piece.

162Amax @3500 from a .284 Win???
Surely, you meant the 7/338LM...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knockemdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">162Amax @3500 from a .284 Win???
Surely, you meant the 7/338LM... </div></div>

x2....yea I was wondering what speed you are pushing the AMAX out of the 284 win.

That 7/338 lapua is a bad dude though!