• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hogs and Knifes (updated)

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
so it was a good cold damp morning this morning right outside of Abilene Tx decided I would try and get on some pigs with a friend before I had to be somewhere at 9am. We went to a local farm that the farmer wanted us to start taking care of his population for him. The farmers son asked if he could join we told him hell ya so started loading dogs up in a side by side about an hour before sunrise.
1322862950.png

drove to a good area let the tailgate down and withing 3 minutes we had our firs hog bayed up. Normally we don't take pictues. I have a good amount of daytime videos but i brought a crappy digital camera along this morning and tried to get some action shots. We stayed on them all morning until i had to go. The first one we showed the guy how it was done.
1322863002.jpg

and the next one was up to him. pictures came out super fuzzy but this was him on the right with it afterwards. asked him what he thought only thing we could get out of him for a while was WOW!!! I love seeing new people get to try it for the first time. there are just so many people out there that have been hunting and fishing all there life but never done anything quite like this. Doesn't hurt that i have a little fun myself
grin.gif
and the rancher got help with his problems.

1322862936.jpg

nothing like this time of the year plus a little bit of moisture. the air scent is great and trails stay hot for a good while.

just a couple from this morning. piece of crap camera already wasn't working well then batteries go dead on me less than 30 minutes into the hunt

Just wanted to share

also not all the dogs are loaded up yet for the side by side pick just the bay dogs that we ran this morning. hadn't loaded the pits yet

Re: Hogs and Knifes

Thanks relentless. With the dogs we normally end up coming across a big one pretty consistently. We have gotten some real monsters and honestly i think we have gotten a little bit spoiled when it comes to hogs like this one.

I've heard stories 'bout you fellas... hog huntin with knives. My brother-in-law (not a hunter) filled the exact same role as your partner there. He went out to his wife's family's farm in Texas and tagged along on a hog hunt, thinking they were just gonna shoot one. I think he was pretty hung up on the word "damn" for the rest of the night after they stuck one.

Nice hogs tikka'd.

Congrat's that is a big freaking hog!!!! I bet that is a rush, great looking dogs!!

right on guys...I have done that several times and it will get your blood and heart pumpin big time. we were south of Pearsall on one trip and south of Dallas on another. we did not run into those size hogzillas but were 250 types. that is some awesome shit right there!

This makes me want to move to TX... In San Diego county I have to hike for miles and miles, with tons of elevation, for the 1 in 30 chance to shoot a pig... Great job, those are some nasty looking pigs.

rancher called about 1030 last night said there was a big one out by his grain storage. we told him we would come by in a little bit. Got there but the dogs down he was long gone. started bringing the dogs a little bit further up and they caught a sent 850 yards later we had this guy. Rancher wasnt kidding it was a nice boar. tipped the scale a tad over 300.

he was very excited and said he was going to put us on speed dial. Tired of these "demonds" terrorizing his land his animals and eating his feed

1322943873.jpg

Re: Hogs and Knifes (updated)

tikka'd, you must have known Josh Amerine who was quite the hog killer on his place out by Merkel. He was part owner of the Shooting Shack (Doyle Gray) there in Abilene. Josh was a Sharps (black powder)shooting acquaitance of mine.
R.

Re: Hogs and Knifes (updated)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Relentless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tikka'd, you must have known Josh Amerine who was quite the hog killer on his place out by Merkel. He was part owner of the Shooting Shack (Doyle Gray) there in Abilene. Josh was a Sharps (black powder)shooting acquaitance of mine.
R.</div></div>

cant say that i have had the pleasure sounds like good guy to know though

and hankpac- Thankyou it truly is all in the dogs and we pride ourselves in the dogs that we have today. It has really taken a lot of trila and error. but now with 4 good catch dogs. (2 pits) 1 pit boxer mix and our biggest baddest (1/3 pit 1/3 great dane 1/3 bull mastiff ) also a good solid like of currs. and a few catahoulas.