• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hogs from a helicopter

Re: Hogs from a helicopter

Wow.......Could it get ANY better than that? I've seen first hand the damage they do to crops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those looked like domestic pigs to me, looked fun either way </div></div>

they are feral, and every bit as "wild" as any other wild animal....there is more than the color pattern to determine if a hog is wild or not.

I just emailed them to see how much a hunt is. I know from wanting to a be a heli pilot that a R22 can't hold much passenger weight and I'm around 230lbs now so I may have to trim down before I can go in it.

Sure was awesome! BUT WITH ALL THE STARVING AMERICAN OUT THERE.... I know that they can cause a shit ton of damage $$$$ to them farmers but with the world like it is and ALLLLL that yummy bacon out there I DO hope that it does go to good use along with the kick ass target practicing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thoroughly enjoyed that! It was very relaxing.... </div></div>

Relaxing!!!

I was thinking about those little piggies being Taliban or Al-Qaeda.

Now that looks like some serious fun. If they really want to get the hogs they should put a bounty on they and make land owners open up the land.

from this previous post it looks like they are not so good to eat or handle with all the disease they may have.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1466705
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure was awesome! BUT WITH ALL THE STARVING AMERICAN OUT THERE.... I know that they can cause a shit ton of damage $$$$ to them farmers but with the world like it is and ALLLLL that yummy bacon out there I DO hope that it does go to good use along with the kick ass target practicing.</div></div>

These guys need to fly out to east to clean up the streets of brooklyn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know from wanting to a be a heli pilot that a R22 can't hold much passenger weight and I'm around 230lbs now so I may have to trim down before I can go in it. </div></div>

This is true, my nephew does the same thing with his helicopter business. The R-22's are a great little chopper for this type of work and certainly cheaper to operate over the R-44. Here in Texas this is the norm if farmers/ranchers want to keep them in check in a effort to rid their land of hogs.

It is fun at first but you have to consider it's a job and the "fun" does wear off. Depending on the lay of the land/ topography,whether it's fields, trees, brush etc dictates what strategies are used. Hogs can be herded just like cattle and it works best when they can be strung out in a single file line.
Easy optic mounting, firepower and ammmo availability and cost make the AR platform in .223 very popular. Sometimes 12 ga scatterguns and buckshot are used but the higher cost and heavy recoil make it a second choice. Let me tell you you can really feel it after firing a couple of hundred rounds of buckshot in a day.

Hogs are a huge problem for the larger farms where crops and such planted. To put things in perspective, in the month of August Josh was hired by some rice farmers near Bay City Tx and killed 3000 hogs in about three weeks time. It's not cheap for this service considering maintenance, fuel, gunner and ammo cost but it's about the most effective way in really reducing hog numbers. I'll have to see if I can get some videos up and running.

they ain't domestic that is for sure.... Texas black plague that can't be cured!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run Charlie!, run!
smile.gif

This should be in the next Sniper Hide`s Cup!
laugh.gif

Well for all those that want to say they want to sign up. I can tell you that I did this exact same thing for coyote depredations and it gets old damn fast. I'm talking a week of fun, after that it's just like any other job, it becomes work. There is no job that isn't work. If it was all fun and games we'd all be doing it. It takes some shooting skills. It would be good for a challenge for snipers hide cup.

xdeano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyle1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those looked like domestic pigs to me, looked fun either way </div></div>

they are feral, and every bit as "wild" as any other wild animal....there is more than the color pattern to determine if a hog is wild or not.

</div></div>

My family own a 80,000 heads/year hog operation, I am pretty sure I know a thing or two about hogs, I didn't say they weren't feral I just said they looked domestic due to the coloring

most hogs anywhere are cross breeding results of russian and domestic hogs.

"domestic" would indicate some level of being tame, or farm raised...which those arent

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xdeano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well for all those that want to say they want to sign up. I can tell you that I did this exact same thing for coyote depredations and it gets old damn fast. I'm talking a week of fun, after that it's just like any other job, it becomes work. There is no job that isn't work. If it was all fun and games we'd all be doing it. It takes some shooting skills. It would be good for a challenge for snipers hide cup.

xdeano </div></div>

You mean like sex?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looks like a good time.

You want to eat the ones around 100# and under.

Tastes the same as store bought to me.

There are diseases, but arent there diseases with cows and chickens too? Just like any kind of animal you have to cook it to a certain extent and you're good-to-go.

Does anybody know if New Mexico has any sort of huntable hog population?

I live in New Mexico and we have a big problem..as a matter of fact i am trying to set up a filmed shoot with GPS sniper school.

Would love that as a part time job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tsprink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in New Mexico and we have a big problem..as a matter of fact i am trying to set up a filmed shoot with GPS sniper school. </div></div>

Where in NM are you located? I have family near Taos.

worthless game wardens... everyone I have ever dealt with is a idiot.. but they sure think they are hot stuff...

This is no joke. when my grandfather was a boy around 1942 he lived in fort Sumner NM, and there was an older man 80s who had a lot of pigs and he died. and now nearly 70 years later the pigs have gone wild and are a huge problem. so if you know anyone with a helicopter i know where to shoot them as long as i get to go as well. we also have a cat problem we will soon be selling hunts with dogs for Hogs, bobcats,and mountain lions. we will also take you bear hunting...

This is fucked up! i'm pisst! naaaahhhh not realy jealous is more like it! we dont have pigs where i live. plenty of coyotes though

r.o. should def make this part of the next helo course.....if anybody needs a gunner ive got tons of free time and never mind traveling

good thing they were wearing camo or the hogs might of saw them...but seriously that looks like a damn good time