• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Hogster Reticle Subtensions

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    I have a Hogster 2x35mm and I am trying to find the subtensions on the reticle.

Strelok Pro lists two reticles for the super hogster, but not sure if they work with my model also.

Anyone done field tests and know hold-overs they can convert to MRAD or MOA?

Looks like 1.5 MRAD hashes on the #6 reticle on Strelok Pro.

I would like the Super Yoter subtensions as well. Pretty much using holdovers out to 400 right now.

Sorry at SHOT. I know I have it for the SH and pretty sure I have them for the Vibe but they are on my PC at home. They are different between the scopes.

The SY I’ve been waiting on the reticle catalog for a long time. I will mention it once again to Bering while at SHOT.

Sorry at SHOT. I know I have it for the SH and pretty sure I have them for the Vibe but they are on my PC at home. They are different between the scopes.

The SY I’ve been waiting on the reticle catalog for a long time. I will mention it once again to Bering while at SHOT.
    It would be great if they would either work with outfits like Strelok Pro to get their reticles included or do a standard MRAD or MOA milling if you can get their ear.
    Thanks

Reactions: Ksracer and 260284

It would be nice to know when their LRF thermals will be out also.

It would be nice to know when their LRF thermals will be out also.
    Here is a quick review at SHOT.

Bering LRF Video

I have used 4 prototypes to date, and a 5th will be sent next week. Hopefully, this will be the last and be ready for primetime. Here are some differences to the non-LRF Super Hogsters and Super Yoters:
    1. New metal alloy body
    2. Increased length so will be usable on bolt and AR
    3. New magnetic external power connection
    4. Higher quality video recording
    5. Audio included in video recording
    6. Incremental (.5x) zoom and stepped zoom
    7. Build your own custom reticle on their app and send to scope
    8. Runs on 4AA batteries. Supports rechargeable AA
    9. Bering is including 4 high quality AA rechargeable batteries with charger with the product
    10. 4 button operation vs 3
    11. Ability to increase and decrease digital zoom
    They are saying February for their release time period. We (Night Goggles) have a pre-order list and are not requiring a deposit at this time. Just send me a private message on the Hide with your name, address, email, and phone number and whether you want the Super Hogster LRF or the Super Yoter LRF. It will be available with one of three QD mounts including LaRue, ADM, and new Bering QD mount (with locking handle). When paying this much for a high-end thermal especially on the Super Yoter, we will most likely order mostly the LaRue version. The estimated prices are below:

SY 50 LRF with LaRue, MAP=$5,195
    SY 50 LRF with ADM, MAP=$5,095
    SY 50 LRF with Bering Lockable QD, MAP=$4,995

SH LRF with LaRue, MAP=$3,995
    SH LRF with ADM, MAP=$3,895
    SH LRF with Bering Lockable QD, MAP=$3,795

Reactions: 260284 and Ksracer
    I would like the Super Yoter subtensions as well. Pretty much using holdovers out to 400 right now.
    I again stressed the urgency to their owner at SHOT. He said it is almost done. As soon as I have any information on this, I will post it here.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 260284
    If anyone is interested I did figure out how to set the Hogster 35 in Strelok Pro.
    Strelok has a reticle for the #5 Super Hogster, but not mine.

I set up a 24" square at 100 yds. on my range. Set the rectangle target in Strelok to the same size and then played with the scope numbers until it matches.
    I ended up with min =2x, ranging = 2.9x and max = 2x.
    This makes sense since the Super Hogster is 2.9x and mine is 2x base.

Reactions: 260284
    Old Man, thanks for this information. Bering has been promising me a catalog for a very long time. I know they are heading to SHOT but I sent a message to Bering asking for a status update. I have the catalog for the Super Hogster, but it will differ as you said for the other scopes.

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
    Here is what it looks like in Strelok Pro, third is a bullet set with 12" vertical offset so you can see it is on the bottom edge as expected.

Trick is being able to control the size of the target so I could set it to the same size as the actual target.

Range markings is for a 300BO 110g V-Max at 2240 fps. The hash marks are not very practical as a BDC reticle.
    #5, Super Hogster-R, Bering Optics.png
    #5, Super Hogster-R, Bering Optics (1).png
    #5, Super Hogster-R, Bering Optics (2).png

Last edited: