• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing hogue stock

joe24

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
To start with I'm new to this forum.hey everyone.ok I just bought a rem.700tactical in the 308cal. And the Hogue stock that it came with is flimsy up around the forearm how can I stiffen it up. I seen a video of someone shiming the front of the action up. To eliminate the stock from touching the barrel it worked for them is that a good idea?

I shimmed my 700 aac for a while. Seemed to help, but ended up doing a bedding job. This took care of the free float issue with that stock.

There is a thread in this section....probably a few pages back by now where a member epoxied his Hogue

Disregard that ^^ with the new forum I can't find the thread....sorry. I'd imagine a google seach would turn up a video or other tutorial though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I called Remington and told them that they had a problem with the Hogue stock . They said I could spend another 400.00 to get a better stock. I think I'll try shims first