• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hola from the high deserts of Cali

roaddog61

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2013
High Desert, CA
New here...obviously... right ?
Working with an Armalite AR-10. Had to put it together from a Aero precision lower from 762 SASS, and an Armalite upper(Commiefornia). My original was a 16" barrel. Earlier in the season...(read cooler in the high desert), I was running 168gr Nossler custom competition HPBT over 42gr RL-15 with BR-2 primers... trimmed to 2.008 with a COAL 2.80 for 600 yd "Practice" sessions. I was getting about 2450(SD<30) FPS from this set up. It worked pretty good with a 5 MIL hold over. I have just re-barreled the rifle to a 20" SS Armalite match. I still want to use the Nossler projectiles. I know, gas guns are not really known for long rang work...but I like it. The season (read cooler) is coming soon. Right now I'm breaking in the new barrel, and expect to be running close to the same reloads with the exception of Lapua brass and after measuring the chamber, as long a COAL as the mag will allow. Any tips for a gas 7.62 would be appreciated. (don't wanna hear go bolt gun.... lol) Again, hello to all, and thanks in advance

Welcome, nothing wrong with a gasser, as for long range 600 is not bad for a 308, 1000 is a poke. All depends on how fast the zombies move up there in the HD. Advice??

Full length size
Watch trim size
single feed or mag length = COL.
if you can safetly get some 208's to 2500 fps + you got your self a 900+ yarder gasser.

I want a gasser, falling hard for my new 716. its a beast.

I haven't choreographed anything out of the 20" barrel yet, but I'm guessin it'll be close to 2500 FPS
I'll keep ya'll posted with the results. I have some IMR 3031 I'll be trying out. We'll see how that goes