• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster / Light Recommendations

Goes-Bang

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
Just got my hands on a Glock 43 for EDC. (Replacing a 26 which felt a tad too bulky.)

Looking for recommendations on a comfortable IWB left handed holster @ 5 o'clock carry position. (Probably Kydex with a leather back. Clips/Paddle > belt feed.)

Also thinking about picking up a TRL6, but I'm on the fence if i want to suffer the extra size/weight for the light. (Obviously need to figure that out before I order a holster, so looking for insight from anyone who has tried out the TRL6, and how they felt about the added bulk.)

Thanks!

I own one retention holster for my 1911. A Fobus C21 paddle design that is both budget and effective.

All of my other 1911 holsters as well as leather for my SAA's are from Triple-K Holsters. Non-retention. I used to carry a 200-lumen Maglite Mini LED as my primary work light but I have since upgraded to the spectacular Fenix UC-35 (upgraded 2nd version) It runs on a 3500 mAH rechargeable Li-Ion battery and variable output from 5-lumen Eco mode to 1000-lumen Turbo. It is a hell of a powerhouse in one relatively small package.

Are you looking for a retention only holster for your G43? If so, I recommend Safariland. They got a whole lot of tactical IWB and belt rigs for most models of service automatics in use today.

*corrected* I see you do want a weapon mounted light so disregard the comment about the Fenix.

Last edited:
I'm only interested in non-retention holsters. I'm not a big fan of the push button draw holsters.

Bought a High Noon holster previously, that I liked and might go back to for the new Glock, but I wanted to look around to see if there was anything new and cool I should check out first.

I'm only interested in non-retention holsters. I'm not a big fan of the push button draw holsters.

Bought a High Noon holster previously, that I liked and might go back to for the new Glock, but I wanted to look around to see if there was anything new and cool I should check out first.

I have been using Triple-K products for a very long time and their stuff is built to last. They are all regular non-retention models. They are all leather construction though. But very sturdy leather that withstands wear very well.

I am a fan of Mitch Rosen leather holsters, I carry my Glock 43 as well as my Kahr P9 in a Rosen IWB Clipper holster. Not too expensive, about $70, sometimes you can find them on Ebay for $40 or $50.

Just got my hands on a Glock 43 for EDC. (Replacing a 26 which felt a tad too bulky.)

Looking for recommendations on a comfortable IWB left handed holster @ 5 o'clock carry position. (Probably Kydex with a leather back. Clips/Paddle > belt feed.)

Also thinking about picking up a TRL6, but I'm on the fence if i want to suffer the extra size/weight for the light. (Obviously need to figure that out before I order a holster, so looking for insight from anyone who has tried out the TRL6, and how they felt about the added bulk.)

Thanks!

Check out IBX tactical. He usually can do whatever combo you need. I also like the comp-tac

J

Thanks!

It does not add much bulk, or rather does not add width to the pistol itself but does make for a larger footprint. I used one for a while AIWB but ended up losing it again as the narrower footprint without light is more comfortable there.

The TLR-6 itself is not the brightest, nor does it have much throw, but it is better than no light and did not give any problems in the limited use I put it to.

Since mine (SW Shield) is a warmer season/better fitted clothing carry gun, the smallest footprint possible was desirable. The TLR now sits in a drawer.

I'm a fan of the comp tac c tac holster. It disyributes the weight well and I really like the feel of drawing and bolstering compared to holsters with leather backing

Thanks for the light and holster info! I ended up going back what I know and ordered a High Noon, a "turning point" hybrid holster.

I also decided I wanted to go with the smaller foot print (for comfort) and opted for no light for now.