• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster recommendation

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Hey all, just upgraded my ccw to a p320 X compact and was looking for a new holster. I’ve run cheap alien gear in the past but I wasn’t happy with them. Also had a Mtac for my glock 19 that I liked a fair amount. What do you guys run?

I carry on my right side about 3:30-4 O’ clock

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for kydex or leather? Never had good luck with the combos. I assume you want to stick to IWB?

If it’s AIWB your are looking for the Tenicor Velo is extremely comfortable.

Check out Gundo Holsters. Veteran owned. Greg is a great guy and will pretty much make up anything you need, ships quick, and he has some different Kydex patterns.

The Gear Bunker just did an overview:

Looking for kydex or leather? Never had good luck with the combos. I assume you want to stick to IWB?

IWB is how I carry 95% of the time. I do have OWB stuff for when I’m in the woods

Looking for kydex or a combo, Not sure I like all leather for IWB

I’ll check out the brands mentioned. It seems there are 10-15 new holster companies popping up every week. Hard to keep tabs on what’s decent and what’s shit.

If weather allows me a button down shirt to be worn over my belt line I find it easy to OWB with a Garret.

Combined with a quality belt like Tucker or the Beltman I almost forget I have a 1911 or 320 on my side.

Agreed you have to have the body type for it though, helps if chest circumference exceeds waist.

In hot weather 5 shot Smith and Wesson in pocket sleeve suits the need.

There is a big concealed carry thread with some good recommendations if you search. Tier 1 Axis Slim is what I went with and love it!

I'm a minimalist, so I use RCS VG2 for IWB. I don't see any reason to wrap kydex/leather all the way around your weapon, it defeats the purpose of the slim design. I use a Sonny Crockett Galco shoulder rig for when I wear suits. For OWB I chose PJ holsters, only as wide as it needs to be (3") and takes up little room:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Makinchips208
For warmer weather, I carry IWB in a G26 in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe with the horsehide backing. An untucked t-shirt is all it takes for concealment.

In jacket wearing cooler weather, I am OWB with a full size 1911 in a Dale Fricke Gideon Elite kydex holster. It's a straight drop orientation. The way Dale places the belt loops, it tucks the butt of the gun in to the body nicely in such a way that doesn't cause the top side of the gun to poke excessively like other butt tucking holsters. Being kydex, it is about as low profile as you can get.

With all that being said, I have a holster drawer with various holsters that aren't as effective as my main two listed above.

Hey all, just upgraded my ccw to a p320 X compact and was looking for a new holster. I’ve run cheap alien gear in the past but I wasn’t happy with them. Also had a Mtac for my glock 19 that I liked a fair amount. What do you guys run?

Over the years I have tried many, many IWB holsters.

These are my favs. I own several and bought my daughter one. The horsehide is best.

Clinger Holsters makes a combo for the 320 X Compact that cab be setup for IWB or OWB and they are pretty much what I run now for my autos now.

If weather allows me a button down shirt to be worn over my belt line I find it easy to OWB with a Garret.

Combined with a quality belt like Tucker or the Beltman I almost forget I have a 1911 or 320 on my side.

Agreed you have to have the body type for it though, helps if chest circumference exceeds waist.

In hot weather 5 shot Smith and Wesson in pocket sleeve suits the need.
Garrett’s STX 2.0 works well as an OWB under a shirt, pullover or jacket, and they have some good IWB options. Their leather lined kydex is primo.

I got real tired of hearing everyone was going to start making a holster for the CZ97.
Foff....I'll make my own.
cz97.jpg

Cross breed super tuck. Been using it for 12 years. I carry in a sinaler spot. Paired with a solid belt (I use a boxer) I don't even notice it.

Leather for show, kydex for go. Leather lined Kydex for the WIN!

Uncle Mike's nylon holster. No one needs anything more than this. All you guys with your fancy shmancy holsters thinking you're Delta Force or SEALS or some shit. 🤪😆

In all seriousness, I recently bought a kydex OWB holster from Upper Hand Holsters, based in Utah. Lots of color and pattern options, and comes standard with an optics cut. I don't run an optic, but I kept that feature anyway. I can get .0000000000000879 second faster draw because I don't have to bring the gun up as high to "clear leather". 😄

Last edited:
I second this, use this very holster for my Stacatto C2. I also have been pleased with JM Custom Kydex

I second this, use this very holster for my Stacatto C2. I also have been pleased with JM Custom Kydex

I can't agree.

I have a Velo, a Priority 1 AIWB, a JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5, and a Tier 1 Xiphos V2.0

In terms of both comfort and concealability I rank them:
  1. Tier 1
  2. Priority 1
  3. JM Custom Kydex
  4. Tenicor
That bulb on the back of the Tenicor sounds good in theory and it might work for some but it's pure fucking torture for me. In fact, after trying all kinds of wedges and cushions I'm most comfortable and can conceal the best without any.

@300zx_tt I recommend you switch to appendix for your IWB carry. Best thing I did for concealability, protection from a disarm, and comfort. Carrying IWB on my side is pure torture while driving, at 1 o'clock I forget it's there AND I can get to it in a flash.