• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy GAP!!

Re: Holy GAP!!

Cool! I shot some skeet out there last week. Headed to Tac Pro if anyone wants to meet up today. I'll be the guy in the blue Beretta shirt, tan shorts an white legs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>
I've been looking for years with no success! I'm beginning to think it's like snipe hunting. </div></div>

Lucky for you snipes exist... just not here, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...white legs. </div></div>

And there is 1/2 your problem... Aren't you in Texas? Last time I checked the sun wasn't lacking out there
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool! I shot some skeet out there last week. Headed to Tac Pro if anyone wants to meet up today. I'll be the guy in the blue Beretta shirt, tan shorts an white legs. </div></div>

TacPro does have a great range to shoot on, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 1000 and usually it is pretty quiet.

They do also offer quite a few classes both group classes as well as private instruction.

If you have the time away from work, taking one of the classes at Rifles Only (South Texas) would be a great way to learn about how to run your gun good and hard.

How's this for a group?

GUNS008.jpg

From here!

GUNS002.jpg

I made the 1 1/2 hour trip out to Tac Pro today to stretch her legs. Much to my dismay, they told me that I had to shoot from 500yds until I had a guy watch me shoot there to make sure I was good to go. I got out there and the 1,000yd line had a nice comfy shaded area, but the 500yd line was uncovered. Out. It was 100+ degrees today and the place was dead. I didn't really want to die of a heat stroke, so I decided to fudge the rules a bit and went from 1k yards. So I busted out my handy iPhone app and dialed it in. That app got me in the ballpark, but it certainly wasn't dead on, and the smidge that my scope was off at 100 yards grew exponentially at 1,000. First three shots were off the page, so I moved a few clicks, got on the target and did five shots in a row for the group in the pic. Instead of going for ten shots and shanking one or two like the last couple of times I had a stellar group going, I left well enough alone. Adjusted again and hit two near the bullseye, which finished off that box. I moved over to skeet shooting after that and nailed three in a row from 1k yards. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or if this gun is just that damn accurate, but I'm stoked either way! I never dreamed I could hit the broad side of a barn at that distance! It got a little boring out there by myself most of the day, so I'm gonna need to make some friends on here to shoot with asap! I'm all amped up about this stuff now, so if anyone needs a shooting partner on a Thursday or Sunday, hit me up. I'd be glad to let you try this nasty bastard out if you want.

Here is the rest of that target. Oh, and I was using 175 SMK's from Southwest Ammo.

GUNS006.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. Im at Elm Fork about twice a week, although mostly on the shotgun side. I wanna test dive the GAP!</div></div>

Just gotta love Elm Fork. It's one of my favorite ranges to go to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. Im at Elm Fork about twice a week, although mostly on the shotgun side. I wanna test dive the GAP!</div></div>

Just gotta love Elm Fork. It's one of my favorite ranges to go to. </div></div>

It's really nice, but I wish they had more than 100 yards! The shotgun range is killer!

The Hensoldt is SIXTEEN power, and the glass is just THAT clear! Jk It was actually tough to see much detail at all with that scope at that distance. I had a spotter with me. The color change targets were helpful as well.

Very Nice! I have one and I agree the GAP-10 is very accurate. My wife shoots sub MOA with my GAP-10 and the gun usually draws a crowd at our local gun club when we take it out. Congrats.

Thnka guys! I've gone out a couple more times, and this thing continues to impress me. One thing I've learned is that wind is not my friend! I went yesterday, and we had a "cold" front blowing in with wind gusts up to 25mph, so shooting at 1k was tough! I still managed to kill several clay pigeons, but I was only hitting one out of every four shots or so. I would watch the flags and think I had everything figured out, and it would completely change directions and I would miss by six inches in the other direction. It was frustrating, but challenging and fun! I was shooting with a couple that both used 6.5 Creedmoore, and they seemed a lot more stable out to 1k in the wind. I may have to change this thing up when I burn the barrel out, but I was still under MOA even with the crazy wind. I'll take it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how are you liking the Hensoldt scope out to 1k</div></div>

I've compared to side by side with a Vortex Razor, S&B, and IOR, and it seemed clearer to me than all of them. The reticle isn't my favorite, but the glass, compactness and field of view make up for it. I thought I would need more magnification, but I really don't. Definitely digging it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captain zeke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how are you liking the Hensoldt scope out to 1k</div></div>

I've compared to side by side with a Vortex Razor, S&B, and IOR, and it seemed clearer to me than all of them. The reticle isn't my favorite, but the glass, compactness and field of view make up for it. I thought I would need more magnification, but I really don't. Definitely digging it.</div></div>

Thanks thats exactly what I wanted to here been thinking of getting one for my gap10 260