• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Holy smokes - shot and returned fire

cop shouldnt have approached the vehicle like a fucking retard.

use spot light to blind driver, come up closer to the vehicle so its harder for driver to turn and shoot....have hand on gun

dude kept opening the door.....should have been a red flag right there.

Dafuq did that POS do around the officer after he went down??? A rain dance or something?
smiley_freak.gif

That video was fucking brutal though. Officer was lucky all of the rounds seemed to have struck his vest and he fell over purely from the concussion of the strikes and was able to get his own weapon out while the perp did his "dance"...

Dafuq did that POS do around the officer after he went down??? A rain dance or something?
smiley_freak.gif

That video was fucking brutal though. Officer was lucky all of the rounds seemed to have struck his vest and he fell over purely from the concussion of the strikes and was able to get his own weapon out while the perp did his "dance"...
perp was bumping some sick ass Ska and was moving and grooving man.

RigidAdmirableDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif

cop shouldnt have approached the vehicle like a fucking retard.

use spot light to blind driver, come up closer to the vehicle so its harder for driver to turn and shoot....have hand on gun

dude kept opening the door.....should have been a red flag right there.

Yup. Several things I can see that might have been better tactics. But you are out of line to call him a fucking retard.

Hi-points have saved more lives than body armor.

And the prevalence of FMJ ammo amongst the gangsta circles as well... Very rarely would you find the common street thug packing JHP or designer ammunition. Several cases of NYPD around here over the past few years who have taken GSWs outside their vest's protection, usually in the arms and legs and they recovered relatively quickly. It was the FMJ ammo in the perps' guns. One particularly hair raising incident was a transit cop who attempted to question some punk for fare hopping a few years back. Punk responds by pulling a Hi Point C-9 out of his trousers and blasting the cop several times in the thigh and vest-protected stomach. Cop's partner, a passenger, and train conductor manage to disarm and subdue the perp. The wounded officer recovered from his GSWs and bounced back pretty quickly. Heard from some detectives who also frequent the range I go to that the officer's femoral got VERY close to being nicked and may have actually been grazed, as he DID lose an alarming amount of blood during the incident, but the EMTs and surgeons were able to patch him up quickly... Once again, FMJs. Cheap, steel case stuff...

Last edited:
Overall they seem poorly trained and I don’t know why the assisting car just stayed back so far. I know locally around here there is a policy where two cars respond to ever incident and they stay in top of each other.

I’m glad he is ok and learns from this experience. Then people I’ll try and burn him in the future when he is looked at as trigger happy when something else happens.

I wouldn’t be a police officer in this country for nothing right now.

Reactions: Yasherka
Yup. Several things I can see that might have been better tactics. But you are out of line to call him a fucking retard.
When you do retarded things...expect to be called a retard.

Especially when you failed to do the basics

If we were talking about any other profesion....say a machinist working on a lathe....hes wearing long draping sleeves and not pay ing attention......would it be "out of line" to call him a retard when he gets sucked into the lathe?

Overall they seem poorly trained and I don’t know why the assisting car just stayed back so far. I know locally around here there is a policy where two cars respond to ever incident and they stay in top of each other.

I’m glad he is ok and learns from this experience. Then people I’ll try and burn him in the future when he is looked at as trigger happy when something else happens.

I wouldn’t be a police officer in this country for nothing right now.

There is training and there are compression and retention. You need all three for this shit to work.

I don’t know, I could do without the cussing but he called it like he seed it.
I hope this guy takes a hint and finds a better profession. He acts like the type that does it for the pay, not someone that’s focused at the task at hand. Any vet can do better.
I was a cop with vets. That statement is incorrect. I have the utmost respect for vets. But the professions are different and so is the expectation and training.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'd love for you critic's to break down for me exactly how you'd Rambo your way out of being ambushed while assisting what looks like a broke down car in the hammer lane on an interstate.

Also, explain how walking up next to the vehicle provides more safety than creating distance by taking a wider angle approach. What exactly is your idea of the safest way to approach a vehicle in a lefthand travel lane?

How would you use a spotlight to your advantage? Point it at the driver's side mirror or the rear view? Do any of you have any actual experience using one?

I'll admit, if I pulled the car over and the driver opened and closed the door like that, I'd call them out from the PA from my patrol car. It screams contact anticipation. But I honestly can't say for sure that would've been my mindset considering what could be a freaked out motorist with a mechanical breakdown in a dangerous place.

As far as the "hand on the gun" idea, how does that even come close to beating a gun that's already pointed at you by someone that's already made their mind up to shoot at first sight. Comments like that come from the same kind of people that say a cop appears cowardly if they do put their hand on their gun.

That armchair is such a safe and comfortable place to quarterback from.

Still gives me a chill when I watch cruiser video. I remember critiquing myself after incidents and trying to learn.

The driver opening and closing his door repeatedly in the beginning of that video would be my first cue to stay the fuck away and call for backup, had I been the officer. Apologies if I am "Monday morning quarterbacking". That shit with the door was an immediate cue that the guy inside is probably mentally compromised, unstable, on drugs, and any combination of such...

I have a couple of friends who are police officers and that video gives me the chills. I don't envy police officers jobs one bit, especially now. They deal with the worst parts of society on a daily basis, and now are under all sorts of scrutiny about every little thing they do. I know nothing about tactics when approaching a car, but just seeing that video would lead me to believe that if I was a police officer I would approach every single vehicle I pulled over with my gun drawn. Or call them out on the pavement from my cruiser. How do you think that would go? In some of the cities in this country he would be called out for police brutality or be reprimanded in some way.

Thank god the perp decided to do his stupid ass end zone dance and the police officer was able to return fire.

Reactions: Yasherka
I was a cop with vets. That statement is incorrect. I have the utmost respect for vets. But the professions are different and so is the expectation and training.
I was a vet with cops. I seriously hope this dude is in another profession. Or does that meet your “expectation and training” you like what you saw? Or is this the best your gonna get with all the experienced cops leaving?

That is one lucky Officer didn't expect for him to survive after the light blinded out the camera. When he stood up I was shocked , after they cleared the car the Officer who was shot should of taken a piss on the dude's dead face.

You were able to determine that from one video of him approaching what he surely assumed was just a disabled vehicle on the highway? Yes he appeared to have been very complacent and it almost cost him his life, but to ridicule him and say he acts like the type that does it for the pay is idiotic.
This guy wasn’t able to determine all the things I could with no formal Leo training!! Maybe y’all should make a phone call and get me his job...
do Leo have weight or p/t standards?

I bet my 5 year old could tell you that’s not a disabled vehicle.

The driver opening and closing his door repeatedly in the beginning of that video would be my first cue to stay the fuck away and call for backup, had I been the officer. Apologies if I am "Monday morning quarterbacking". That shit with the door was an immediate cue that the guy inside is probably mentally compromised, unstable, on drugs, and any combination of such...
Agreed 100000%
What happened prior, was it a stop or disabled vehicle?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
You were able to determine that from one video of him approaching what he surely assumed was just a disabled vehicle on the highway? Yes he appeared to have been very complacent and it almost cost him his life, but to ridicule him and say he acts like the type that does it for the pay is idiotic.
He’s obviously very complacent. I sincerely hope he found another profession. Do you think he is not getting ridiculed by his department?

The level of complacency he showed for being a rookie wouldent even let him keep a job flipping burgers.

Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'd love for you critic's to break down for me exactly how you'd Rambo your way out of being ambushed while assisting what looks like a broke down car in the hammer lane on an interstate.

Also, explain how walking up next to the vehicle provides more safety than creating distance by taking a wider angle approach. What exactly is your idea of the safest way to approach a vehicle in a lefthand travel lane?

How would you use a spotlight to your advantage? Point it at the driver's side mirror or the rear view? Do any of you have any actual experience using one?

I'll admit, if I pulled the car over and the driver opened and closed the door like that, I'd call them out from the PA from my patrol car. It screams contact anticipation. But I honestly can't say for sure that would've been my mindset considering what could be a freaked out motorist with a mechanical breakdown in a dangerous place.

As far as the "hand on the gun" idea, how does that even come close to beating a gun that's already pointed at you by someone that's already made their mind up to shoot at first sight. Comments like that come from the same kind of people that say a cop appears cowardly if they do put their hand on their gun.

Exactly.

The only way to train for an ambush, is to treat every single contact as if it is an ambush. That isn't reality, nor should it be.

It is a dangerous profession, and sometimes we die.

There are a few members on this site (most of them on my ignore list) that would root for the perp, so don't expect much rational or cogent assent to your challenge.

Approaching any car on the drivers side puts the Officer at most risk, I'v noticed at least in my state that Officers approach passenger side most times which gives a little more cover to the Officer if shit goes down.

I was a vet with cops. I seriously hope this dude is in another profession. Or does that meet your “expectation and training” you like what you saw? Or is this the best your gonna get with all the experienced cops leaving?
It does not meet my expectation. I dont like what I saw. But your blanket statement was incorrect. I also know that my expectation evolved through my time in LE and even after.

There's even more questions that never get asked. Example. Is this an area where LE very very deals with bad people? Some of the most unsafe moments i ever had were with agencies that were highly paid in areas without crime. And also the proverbial goody goody that became a cop that never did anything wrong as a kid etc.

I'm not going to comment anymore on this as it serves no purpose.

Agreed 100000%
What happened prior, was it a stop or disabled vehicle?
911 received a call of a stalled vehicle in the left hand lane. This was not a traffic stop, it was supposed to be a motorist assist.

Approaching any car on the drivers side puts the Officer at most risk, I'v noticed at least in my state that Officers approach passenger side most times which gives a little more cover to the Officer if shit goes down.
This happened on I-44. Given the choice of an approach on a wide left hand shoulder vs approaching from the passenger side on and interstate in a lane of traffic, please explain how the lane of interstate traffic is safer.

This happened on I-44. Given the choice of an approach on a wide left hand shoulder vs approaching from the passenger side on and interstate in a lane of traffic, please explain how the lane of interstate traffic is safer.

Officers in our area always kick the front of the vehicle into the lane of traffic using the vehicle as a barrier to approach the stop.

Officers in our area always kick the front of the vehicle into the lane of traffic using the vehicle as a barrier to approach the stop.
You really don't understand how this works.

• Haha
Reactions: candyx
Another mother fucker off the streets and dead..hope the officer's vest stopped most of the hits and recovers

This is a valuable training opportunity for officers.
Yes, the repeated opening of the door should have raised some red flags, it obviously did, as he took a wide approach. That wide approach is an attempt to see into the car. A close approach limits your vision into the vehicle.
He should have approached with his hand on the grip of his gun.
You could review some of the older LE bashing threads here, one of the things that was complained about, along with accusations of cowardice, was officers approaching with their hands on their firearms.
A passenger side approach is impossible here.
A possible alternative would have been to call him back with the PA, but those suck, are hard the hear in the best of circumstances.
He would have come out shooting anyway.
A lot of tough motherfuckers on here that absolutely know they would have done better after being shot 6 times.

Last edited:

go sit in your car....try to point your index finger out your window at your gas cap.....then try pointing your finger out your window at something 15 feet away at a 90* angle to you.....which one is easier?

its simply body mechanics.

you cant shoot what you cant see...theres enough flood on those lights that you can pretty effectively block out the mirrors and rear view.

you dont have to beat him to the gun...but wasting precious seconds flailing around isnt helping you any.

you do realize after action reports, and learning from failures is common and invaluable in teaching people what not to do.......should we abandon that because we dont want to be "arm chair QBs" ?

fuck just toss out the police academy because we dont want them judging other officers on their failures.

if you actually care about officer safety....stop being complacent on failure.

Someone beat me to it. We are all on the same team here guys! Let’s rejoice in the fact that the officer is ok. I think we can all agree that it’s easy to nitpick and armchair QB something not in the moment. That officer has something that most dont, the will to react and to survive. Not everyone has it. Most would have seized up and been screwed in that situation. I’m glad the officer is ok and can now be better prepared and help better prepare his comrades. It’s hard to combat any type of ambush, period. I don’t care who you are!!!

smiley_freak.gif

He was attempting to get the cop's gun but got the contents instead.

ABC was quick to add the shooter's name to the list of aspiring rap artists and cancer researchers whose lives were cut short by cops.

Attachments

• Capture_JPG-1743518[1].JPG
    Capture_JPG-1743518[1].JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
He was attempting to get the cop's gun but got the contents instead.

ABC was quick to add the shooter's name to the list of aspiring rap artists and cancer researchers whose lives were cut short by cops.

How much do you want to bet his death was listed as Covid related. Since he laid dead on the highway do they just paint a red X on the body so the highway department can dispatch the dead deer carcass crew to pick it up.

Scary to watch. In my unprofessional Monday morning opinion. The cop assessment of the threats proved wrong. If he would have approached closer to the car he would have been on more danger from getting hit by a car. He was on a uncontrolled lane in the middle of freeway traffic. He chose to walk the safest path from the biggest threat, which I'm guessing is 99.99% other cars.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Reactions: shoobe01
This was March? Was it just released or is it really slow making it to tha pit?

Liberals: Being a roofer is more dangerous then being a police officer.

Gee never mind the fact there is also a statistically higher chance of being shot or murdered.

From the news it appears that the actual dash cam footage wasnt released until 2 days ago. The above is why.

Last edited:
Okay where is the graphic content that warranted a warning? The fucking light was blinding the dashcam most of the time! Also, after the cop went down there should have been some Benny Hill music playing while the shooter was running circles around the cop or whatever the fuck he was doing.

Reactions: Blutroop
Dear morons.

If you have never trained or worked as popo just do the world a favor, return your head to its favorite hole with that distinct feculent aroma, and be quiet.

While discussion is good, a couple of you are just not following that one rule, best to be quiet and thought a fool.....

And Im not defending the police 100% of the time.

I for sure in my work and life have gotten in situations where routine and complacency dang near got my butt handed to me, only a few times it nearly got me killed.

I for one am glad the officer survived and many can learn an important lesson from his mistakes.

So if a cop goes up to a stop in full adrenaline mil spec mode he is a bad guy and when he makes an approach to assist a disabled motor vehicle he is a bad guy.

Cops are never on the winnng team but this guy did his part.

Dear morons.

If you have never trained or worked as popo just do the world a favor, return your head to its favorite hole with that distinct feculent aroma, and be quiet.

While discussion is good, a couple of you are just not following that one rule, best to be quiet and thought a fool.....

Are you new to the Bear Pit Karen? ;)