• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home Alone is the best Christmas movie of all time

so.. I get that my age dictates my set of appreciations... however, I am stunned that there was not one mention of "White Christmas".. to me it is clearly the best, it speaks to the romance and good faith we should associate with the Christmas message... yes, it was from the early 50's and doesn't appeal to you younger guys... but for a military person who gravitates to the brotherhood and the strength of those associations, this movie is the perfect representation... so yes, I get that we love humor and escapism to remove ourselves from the grind of today... but this is one of my ways to harken back to better times... and yeah, I know I am an old foggie... so be it

It has fuck all to do with Christmas. It could be set anytime of the year 99.9% of the movie could be exactly the same.

It just happens to occur at a Christmas party

Based on some of the requirements I've seen that put films into the Christmas movie listings, it's a solid 8+.

The "I have a machine gun, Ho, Ho, Ho" scene alone places it solidly into the Christmas movie list.

The best Christmas movie is “First Blood.”
5A84E0DB-65F5-4BE8-B00A-21020CC3EDDB.jpeg

8DD9C1CF-E1A0-4255-8051-E0E98852DA58.jpeg

Fight me…

Bad Santa....the wooden pickle.
But it's got to be the uncut version, Bad(er) Santa.

The boxing ring scene always has us on the floor rolling with laughter...

Not to mention "butt fucking in the big and tall section"

Hmm, in all my years I've never seen either It's a Wonderful Life, or Miracle on 34th Street either one.

My Christmas Fav Scene:

Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where's the Tylenol!

Ahh good times at Christmas.

(Honorable mention to Ralphie's freak out on the bully)

Reactions: The D
Hmm, in all my years I've never seen either It's a Wonderful Life, or Miracle on 34th Street either one.
Our DIL saw Its a Wonderful Life for the first time last year, had her watch Miracle on 34th St just 2 weeks ago. I'm guessing you're under 40?

The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1&2, and Elf. And to toss in a lesser known option which my family finds hilarious, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

Well, hot damn. THERE'S the solution. WHY didn't anyone see it?!

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to man.... Dang. Genius.

Why do we not adopt that philosophy?

Oh yeah-the shit doesn't work for any reason. Fuck off then.

Nimrod.

because commies and effeminate men have bastardized what the angel said. It said “Peace on Earth to men of good will.”

something WE ALL used to know.

1641257708824.jpeg

Kaneohe Marine Corps Airstation; Oahu, Hawaii circa 1966

I'll never forget seeing this, I was stranded at Aston uni in Birminham, UK, over Christmas due to snow. We walked a couple of miles to a theater and I think it was the premier showing, 1990. I was with my best friend and his fiance, and a girl I should have married if I'd seen just a few years into my future.

I've literally watched this movie five times within the last three weeks. It gets better every time and I appreciate subtle things about it that I didn't previously notice. I truly think this movie is a masterpiece. The acting by Culkin, Pesci, and Stern really couldn't have been any better.

And the John Williams score really brings it all together in a very sentimental way.
You will have a rethink when you see the recently redo of the movie.
It is a disaster.