• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Home built Tubegun Chassis

Re: Home built Tubegun Chassis

Nice job man. I would imagine this wont be last we hear from you about chassis systems

Re: Home built Tubegun Chassis

So I see home built in the title and I am thinking someone cut some pipe up slapped an action in it maybe cut some threads for a handguard......

This is amazing! I wish I had the tools and knowledge to produce things like this well done!

I had a similar plan to build one and hopefully I can build one if I get access to a cnc this summer from a friend or I could do it by hand with his bridgeport and clausing

NO to coatings, or anodizing! Maybe a clear coat, the work is toooo good to "cover up the little mistakes"!!!!! Home made-if your wife cooks as well as you machine, don't let anyone else eat at your house!!! They'll be showing up at meal time-far to often.

Last edited:
That's really cool. The "I did it myself" factor is above what most mortals will achieve.

were you able to find someone to anodize it? i've got a supplier who does hard coat near Alexandria, MN i can check with them to see if they'll do a small project like that. Please PM me if you're interested

and very well done on the project!!

upjeeper - I don't have it anodized yet, and would be interested. Unfortunately, I just put my new 308 barrel on, and want to shed some of the wait from the stock. So it will be going back on the mill, and in the lathe for some work. I will PM you when I get it "finished", and see if we could get it hard coated.

218bee - I did the heat treating on-site. We have a small (roughly 12 x 20) heat treat oven, and we mostly work with A-2, and S-7, occasionally some D-2, M-2, and stainless.

Thanks for the positive remarks everyone.

upjeeper - I don't have it anodized yet, and would be interested. Unfortunately, I just put my new 308 barrel on, and want to shed some of the wait from the stock. So it will be going back on the mill, and in the lathe for some work. I will PM you when I get it "finished", and see if we could get it hard coated.

218bee - I did the heat treating on-site. We have a small (roughly 12 x 20) heat treat oven, and we mostly work with A-2, and S-7, occasionally some D-2, M-2, and stainless.

Thanks for the positive remarks everyone.

I sure hope we get an update with pics after the weight loss surgery :D

t

wow....what a gun you have shared above and everybody couldn't do that what you have done.
so what you think about this one. . . . . . . . . ?

MSSR_sniper_rifle.jpg

granny cabins | Contact us

Attachments

• X7_Sniper_Gun.jpg
    X7_Sniper_Gun.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 26
  • mpr3x550.jpg
    mpr3x550.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: