• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Home made fix to correct sights

futurerider103

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Springfield Mo
So my sights were off by about 6in to the left and I wasn't down to spend $200 on the SIG Sauer sight pusher so I got to looking at it and I decided to make my own. $15 later this is what I have and it works perfect. Now that I know it works as planned I'm going to make another one and make it look better and the left side will have leather covering the metal on the inside and on the right side there is going to be a 1in plastic spacer both to keep from messing up the finish. I'm also going to put something over the screw that pushes the sight so there will be no finish issues there as well

IMG_20120224_174234.jpg

IMG_20120224_195017.jpg

IMG_20120224_195030.jpg

IMG_20120224_195153.jpg

IMG_20120224_195203.jpg

Re: Home made fix to correct sights

That a darn good idea, thanks for sharing, nothing like saving a few $ and doing it yourself!

Was there any finish wear as is. Some delrin on the metal to metal or even just some rubber may help with any finish wear if there is any.

No wear at all. I took out to the range today and pulled the tool out then made 1 adjustment and the 6in left went bye bye and btw my new to me SIG P226 will shoot way better than I can as I haven't shot handguns for a few months but I was able to put 8/15rnds in the X and the rest in the red at 10yds