• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home made mover targets

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
Wasn't sure if this should go in competition talk or fieldcraft.
So into the pi it goes.

Been thinking about home made moving targets. How about a remote control car with playing cards on top?
Was killing a couple minutes at walmart waiting for the pharmacy to open and this looked pretty sweet.

Looks to have about a 50 yard range, so 22 rifles ar conversions and pistols.
Anybody else have moving targets? Any better ideas than playing cards on top?

653755861.jpg

653755933.jpg

• Love
Reactions: acudaowner
I use armadillos, skunks, and opossoms as moving targets. Occasionally I'll get lucky and get a snake, hog or a bobcat.

Years as a PMI/CMT in the Marines, and I thought I was proficient in pistol marksmanship...three years in the country and I can dance circles around what I used to think was good.

Sadly it’s usually a one and done for my practice. Think I could get a case or two?
616BDEE5-888E-4401-A49C-1014C1AC0F34.jpeg

Wasn't sure if this should go in competition talk or fieldcraft.
So into the pi it goes.

Been thinking about home made moving targets. How about a remote control car with playing cards on top?
Was killing a couple minutes at walmart waiting for the pharmacy to open and this looked pretty sweet.

Looks to have about a 50 yard range, so 22 rifles ar conversions and pistols.
Anybody else have moving targets? Any better ideas than playing cards on top?

View attachment 7706224

View attachment 7706225

We used one of those, fiberglass utility marking pole, and an inflated balloon up top. Worked great.

Our remote had a range of 1 mile or so though, and the car was much more spendy.

You had to hit a steel at the same range as the mover before you could engage it to cut down on low misses.

I use armadillos, skunks, and opossoms as moving targets. Occasionally I'll get lucky and get a snake, hog or a bobcat.
There are plenty in Del Rio and thanks to Potato Joe, soon theyll be in your back yard.

1632083179293.png

not my idea just saw this on you tube the idea is pretty good maybe not as good as some others but way more legal .

Yea, mising low would suck, Buggy is $50.
I was thinking the name card holders that are about a foot tall you see for table seating.

Sorry if you have seen this video already but it shows what I use for movers and would be perfect for what you're looking for.
Just an idea.