• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

home security systems on a new build.

TexasTaz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2021
Texas
Good evening! I am a new bee to this forum, but have been lurking in the weeds watching and reading. My better half and I are building a new home in an area that has minimal traffic, with neighbors that are kinda close. On the ride out today to look at the place and for the wife to finalize light fixtures, cabinet pulls ( knobs for us knuckle draggers ), plumbing fixtures and whatever else she needed to address. I asked her if she will be nervous out there when I leave on my trips for 3-4 days at a time? She said absolutely and that got us talking about a more in depth security system which will include cameras.

So I am asking if there is anyone out there who is a home security expert, that would care to throw in their 2cents on what system to install, including the number of cameras, the size of the hard drive and any other shit that I may not have thought of.

Thanks for the input.

Taz

Reactions: vedardalarm
We have a 2 gig system and been happy with it. It's our second one in two houses. If I didn't get the 2 gig I would have gone honeywell. Alarm grid has all the parts and support. It's got all the door and window sensors, interior motion, door lock control, house automation. Thermostats are also integrated into the system and app along with fire protection.

We have a camera system that's a Hikvision system. Which the cameras are really good and the system works well. In today's political climate I'm not supporting the Chinese anymore than I have to. I am looking into all new systems from Phillips security side. How many cameras can be a loaded question. We have enough coverage for driveway, all doors, all ground floor windows, around the shop and equipment yard. You can't get to the house or shop without being seen on at least 1 camera. Many of the commonly trafficked areas you are on two cameras.

Reactions: TexasTaz