• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft homemade snow camo

miniman93

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2008
SD
anybody have any suggestions for snow camo i can make myself for coyote hunting

Re: homemade snow camo

I use the painters TYVEK over suits. Take green, brown and black splotches spray painted on in random patterns. If hunt in wooded ares with snow on the ground do like we did in the Army in Germany where only pants and use camo tops to blend into the foliage and the snow covered ground

Re: homemade snow camo

All "home made" takes is time and creativity.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/65ef4QDnVFs?list=UUnd1-cixyfgGHXUjkdPR1cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

White bed sheet and spray paint some brown,gray and match your surrounding. Make sure the wife doesn't know you stow her sheet!!

Just get some Army overwhites. Look at the bottom picture. You can see how some guns blend in. Understand they were facing away from the camera.

Camp.jpg

for homemade a bedsheet "poncho" with some rattlecan works well. cheap, easy, quick to don/doff. the tyvek painters suit is a good idea too.

German snow camo ponchos are good. I would wear your belt kit over them or they are so unruly you'll end up hating it. They seem to want to snag everything. They are cheap so you you can get two to use one for your ruck. Use them to help conceal your position. Cut the wrist elastic and it will unfold to a nice square snow camo tarp..

About twenty jears back I jumped out of my VW-Bus to take a leak. That was when I heard a voice in front of me out of the snow. "Muß das jetzt sein?" Is that really necessary?

There was a fresh private sitting one meter in front of me in the snow under his snow camo poncho. I nearly pi$$ed myself, and him....

This stuff is really good.... ;-)

I just realised, 20 jears back..... I'm an old fart now