• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes "Honest" CounterSniper optics review (video)

Re: "Honest" CounterSniper optics review (video)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HEY MASON! Where is my Bertrillium-Zantitium™ coating I asked for???? LOL

Paul</div></div>

LOL Paul, I'm still saving up to get that one for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UH-1H Huey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is very obvious that their scopes are piles of chicom shit.</div></div>

A lot of scopes that don't perform well get criticism. Counter Sniper gets a different level of criticism because they mislead buyers into thinking this is a military grade scope that is being used by the military. When I edited the video, I copied and pasted the words *Contract Overrun* directly from their site. The customer who gave us the Counter Sniper and requested a review bought it under that pretense as well. The optic companies who <span style="text-decoration: underline">actually</span> have the military contracts don't print on their scope boxes, "<span style="font-style: italic">The World's Finest Military Optical Gunsights</span>."

Mason @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snape315</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy s**t! I just googled these things and found out they are real!!! I thought this whole thing was just a gag from the get go!!! I can't believe someone actually makes a scope called the <span style="font-weight: bold">Counter Sniper</span>!!! Wow.... </div></div>

Careful there!!

There is another company that makes a line of scopes called the <span style="font-weight: bold">Super Sniper</span>. And they are actually pretty good scopes for the money!
wink.gif
</div></div>

I know the Super Sniper's are a decent product for the money. I guess I was just more in shock over the plethera of BS on their website and also knowing that at some point there are gonna be a number of poor schmucks shelling out hard earned dollars for these things that don't know any better. The name of the scope brand is just icing on the cake I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone done any torture testing on these scopes? They should be able to last since they are "he worlds finest military optical gunsight"</div></div>

Taking it out of the box without it breaking is enough of a test. I think any rifle destined to wear one would commit ritual suicide before the owner got that far. </div></div>

One of the many reasons no rifle of mine will ever be put within 100 yards of one </div></div>

lets not be too quick to ban them. I would gladly put one 100yds from my rifle. To re-enact the Hathcock scope shot.

@ MASON, that cover makes me so mad. such a beautiful rifle, topped off with a nut filled turd...

I'm not gonna lie, I seriously considered buying one until I knew better. I remember looking over it in the Ft. Benning PX and thinking "maybe I should check it out on Sniper's Hide before buying." Best thing I ever did...

I bought one of those several years ago, cant beleive they are still in business. Hell I was looking for a cheap scope for a beater rifle, it was cheap. It served its purpose for a couple years. I then gave it to a buddy and he still shoots the turd.

LOL!

Awesome review - love the blurbs in the upper left of the vid!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CounterScopeGA.jpg

Mason @ CST </div></div>

Poor rifle...
frown.gif

I might copy/paste all the SH links into an email, and send it to them, see if I get a response.

Honestly its Guns & Ammo, what would you expect anything BUT crap from that rag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might copy/paste all the SH links into an email, and send it to them, see if I get a response. </div></div>

That would be entertaining indeed, if they could manage a to correspond with you in english that is
wink.gif

<--- Calling the "Other Guy". I gotta get my hands on one of these bad boys.

These clowns need to be exposed for what they are, Junk Salesman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UH-1H Huey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have these guys that run counter sniper ever posted on this forum, and actually said who they were. I'm sure they follow this site, to see how bad they are bashed.
</div></div>

They only had one guy in the company that spoke English. After he wrote the owners manual and designed the box graphics, he quit and went to work for the company that mines the Bertillium Zantitium (something about their promise of 70 whores in the afterlife or something like that).

He was their only hope for representation here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how can they get away saying they have .mil contracts ? </div></div>

Come on guys, they are treated with Di-hydrogen Monoxide(on a rag, lightly soaked) and pressure tested at 1 atmosphere.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Sorry to bump this back up, but found this as a related video to ours and had to post.

Mason @ CST

I've seen the scopes in Sportsman's Guide. They look like piles of crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Sorry to bump this back up, but found this as a related video to ours and had to post.

Mason @ CST </div></div>

Maybe he had it mounted on a snub-nosed revolver for ultra precision work and the enemy sniper popped out of the ground underneath him with his Dragunov and sniped his scope right out from underneath him! Seems likely...

Isn't there a way to report CounterSniper to the FTC for some sort of fraudulent advertising? I mean, some of what they are doing has to be illegal or bending the law on some level. It just boggles my mind how many untruths are advertised about this scope.

EDIT:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Gonna take a shot at reporting them. I figure it's the least I can do to attempt to save the ignorant and uneducated from getting robbed when their money would be better used for private school for any children that might exist.

I was at the range this morning talking with a fellow shooter. Another guy came up to shoot at the range we were at and he had not one BUT TWO Counter Sniper scopes. He had one mounted on a 338 LM and the other hadn't been mounted on his rifle yet.

I looked through the glass and it's dark...At the lowest setting of 2.5 power it didn't look like it was magnifying anything. I didn't have the heart to tell the guy to come here and read the reviews.

I suspect that scope with the round through the objective was suspended downrange by the focal lens and used for target practice when the owner couldn't get it to hold a zero, then mailed back to CSO for a warranty exchange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIfA9GLb9lY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mason @ CST </div></div>

Maybe he had it mounted on a snub-nosed revolver for ultra precision work and the enemy sniper popped out of the ground underneath him with his Dragunov and sniped his scope right out from underneath him! Seems likely... </div></div>

Lmao.

I almost bought one of these Countersniper 2/16x44 Aircraft Aluminum Crusader/Titanium Avenger Gunsight.

Man it was real cool.

I was thinking I had never heard of them. Then thought I had heard of them, but couldn't remember what it was. I told the sells guy I would get back to him.

I came home and found. This is where I had heard about Countersniper.

The Dragunov must have exploded after Counter Sniper was mounted to it.

My favorite part was when Mike said you could get higher quality and the caption said "Iron Sights".

OMG!! are they serious?

DOH360
4-16 50MM Aluminum Crusader Gunsight $1649.00

DOH333
*CONTRACT OVERRUN* CSO Aluminum series 4-16x50 (does not come with rings) $499.95

DOH346
4-16 50MM Titanium Avenger Scope $3795.00

I'm just wondering if these scumbags actually sell the Titanium version? or if that is just BS. I would like to see some feedback from Counter Sniper on this forum, but I'm sure that wont happen.

Quote from their Facebook page.

"Our glass in the CounterSniper Optics is German but everything else is assembled in the US!"

With such a great review, do you think it will outsell the Volt?

If CS Tactical doesn't carry this scope, I may have to get mine at Sportsmans Guide.

Ornery

The problem isn’t that the scopes are crap; it’s that they are selling for a lot of money. Total rip of, these things should be price like a BSA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The last 1:10 of the review was the best!!</div></div>
I think that was the reticule view...

I’m getting a few guys telling me that I should have do a really review. NOT on THIS forum. What do you guys think? Should I really take the time to mount it up and spend the money to shoot it? Hummm…

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how can they get away saying they have .mil contracts ? </div></div>

Come on guys, they are treated with Di-hydrogen Monoxide(on a rag, lightly soaked) and pressure tested at 1 atmosphere. </div></div>LOL. I'm surprised they can stay together at 1 atmosphere.
Hopefully, its the Chinese military that is using them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’m getting a few guys telling me that I should have do a really review. NOT on THIS forum. What do you guys think? Should I really take the time to mount it up and spend the money to shoot it? Hummm…

Mike @ CST
</div></div>

With video! That would be extremely amusing.