• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Honey Hole - Looks like the Winter War

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    I dont know what this is but its worth every bit its price......

P1010656[1].JPG

P1010657[1].JPG

P1010658[1].JPG

More Mosin....

P1010659[1].JPG

P1010660[1].JPG

Some beautiful Springfield, the striping on this walnut is great but the stock is merely pinned, no bolts, appears low number also, beautiful....

P1010661[1].JPG

P1010662[1].JPG

P1010663[1].JPG

P1010664[1].JPG

i will take them all..nice...where is this shop.. lol

The Finn rifles in the rack are the value in this grouping along with the pre war Winchester unless you have a Finn 22 fetish.. The svt from what i can see may be overpriced. Honorable mention would go to the 1932 91-30 with the sniper bolt. (If i could see the rest of it I could add to description.) The Springfield is nice but in the wrong stock as is the Mosin PU sniper. I can not see enough to tell if the PU is a clone or original. I definately would be a buyer in that shop.

Last edited:
    The first rifle, the 22LR target rifle has a really neat artic birch stock, but I think its for a lefty...so I can put that out of my mind.
    Thanks the pics, I wish we had a store around here with more vintage stuff like that.

It appears to be a right handed stock with a thumb rest on the right side, so now it should be back on your mind, lol

It is right handed. I shouldered it....there is a comfy palm swell and a couch for your thumb to rest.

Word is its a VKT "Lion" target .22.......if the first digit is "4" I cant believe how much rifle you get for under $500.

Last edited:

The Finn rifles in the rack are the value in this grouping along with the pre war Winchester unless you have a Finn 22 fetish.. The svt from what i can see may be overpriced. Honorable mention would go to the 1932 91-30 with the sniper bolt. (If i could see the rest of it I could add to description.) The Springfield is nice but in the wrong stock as is the Mosin PU sniper. I can not see enough to tell if the PU is a clone or original. I definately would be a buyer in that shop.
    the mosin PU is a put together fake, its got a cheap repro scope, 10 years too early to be a PU and they didnt use hex receivers for PUs, hexs were a PE in english translation (top mount) or PT in cyrllic . its actually in the right stock for a 32, the screw in sling slots are correct up to mid war, izhvesk went to no liner in rear and tula used half liners in both . since its a Tula (star with arrow in it), if it was legit, it would have a CH or CN stamp on barrel right above the serial number

the Finn 22 is a neat piece, thou the rear scope mount looks like a Unertl mount

I've never seen an SVT-40 that didn't seem overpriced, so I don't know what they're supposed to be priced at, lol.

This one guy at the Eastman's Gun Show was selling one that had been buggered with a new (ugly) stock, barrel had been shortened, and some parts had been chromed or nickel'd over and he still wanted between $2500 and $3K for it.

I've never seen an SVT-40 that didn't seem overpriced, so I don't know what they're supposed to be priced at, lol.

This one guy at the Eastman's Gun Show was selling one that had been buggered with a new (ugly) stock, barrel had been shortened, and some parts had been chromed or nickel'd over and he still wanted between $2500 and $3K for it.

I think the neat thing about that SVT-40 (not ever been in the market for one) is its Finn capture status......dont know if they worked over the SVT the way they worked the bolts.

I think the neat thing about that SVT-40 (not ever been in the market for one) is its Finn capture status......dont know if they worked over the SVT the way they worked the bolts.
    OH AND THE BOLT ON THAT ONE SVT WAS BUBBA'D UP AS WELL WITH THE HANDLE REMOVED AND TRIMMED DOWN TO JUST AN AK-STYLE HOOK! :mad:

I dunno, either. I've never looked into Finnish-redone SVTs, or Mosins for that matter. I'd kinda like one of those PPSh-41s the Germans converted to 9mm, though.

This one, here, though, doesn't look all that different from the others I've seen, so maybe they just used them as-is:

Last edited:
    That first one is a Finnish Lion, they are excellent target rifles known for their accuracy.

Reactions: DIBBS
    Could not decide whether the pu had a round or hex receiver. Thanks for the clarification. If it was real PU the pre war stock it is in was wrong unless it was a finn capture then all productions rules are off.. Thanks for the info it was a 32 hex. A tula pu would carry the ch a pe a cn.

I still like the rack rifles. any info on them?

I think I paid $295 for my -40. Around 95 or 95. I had one lined up at $150 but Rose's screwed me out of it. The old days.