• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hooper Ordnance DBM

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Does anyone have one or have an opinion on them. I'm looking at getting the Badger M5 and wondering how these stack up. I see they have a 10 round mag option

Remguarddouble.jpg

Re: Hooper Ordnance

Hoopers good to go, they make very high quality stuff, also if your looking for DBM setups you might take a look at CDI, not sure if there is a huge difference beetween the two, both inlet for around $60 and both are around the same price. Not sure how they stack up against the M5 though.

It's hard to say. I ordered mine in early Jan and it still hasn't showed up. I call him and he keeps giving me an excuse and tells me it is going to be shipped in two weeks.

I did notice that J.W Precision is offering to sell this DBM on is wares. So apperently he will ship to a dealer.

So if you order it and he doesn't have it in his hands while you are talking to him. You might consider someone else.

Last I heard was he had issues with the vendor doing the anodizing.
Trapshooter12:
Most everyone in this biz works on first orders in, first orders out basis. B4 bashing Hooper did you stop to think that JW may have had their order in longer than you?
I have not ordered nor had Hooper do any work for me but all on here say he is stand up. I'm sure he would have no issue with you ordering from JW so if you want it now I'd say go for it.
Now, my vote would go to CDI. I have used them for DBM and was well satisfied with quality of work, function, eye appeal and CS. Jeff at CDI is a great guy to do business with.

They look nice but I think I'll look at CDI or go with the Badger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look nice but I think I'll look at CDI or go with the Badger </div></div>

IMHO, CDI doesn't give up anything to the Badger, and the money saved can be spent on other goodies.

Take a look at the R&D precision dbm. I just had one installed and it looks/functions great. Good deal as well, 265 shipped with a 5 round aics mag I believe right now. I received mine in 2 days from ordering btw...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captramrod01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at the R&D precision dbm. I just had one installed and it looks/functions great. Good deal as well, 265 shipped with a 5 round aics mag I believe right now. I received mine in 2 days from ordering btw... </div></div>

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at them

Sounds like I'm too late, but I have the Hooper DBM setup and love it. I'd take it over quite a few others mentioned.

395903719.jpg

395903712.jpg

395903713.jpg

395903715.jpg

Shipping out orders today. This is what we have left. So we have some stock now.

Hoopers SA DBM is built tough, comes with 2 different release latches and is a great value. His inletting work is exact. He is good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoopers SA DBM is built tough, comes with 2 different release latches and is cheap. His inletting work is exact. He is good to go. </div></div>

Well, I hope you mean "cheaper" as in price. Not as cheap in price as some, not as expensive as others.

Thanks for the review.

Hoop,
Not being familiar with the mags, can you tell me the COAL of the SA and LA mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoop,
Not being familiar with the mags, can you tell me the COAL of the SA and LA mags. </div></div>

Sir, I think they are:
SA 2.9"
LA 3.6"

If someone has a confirmed # please post it. I tried to search for the thread indentifying the different mags but came up with nothing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoopers SA DBM is built tough, comes with 2 different release latches and is cheap. His inletting work is exact. He is good to go. </div></div>

Well, I hope you mean "cheaper" as in price. Not as cheap in price as some, not as expensive as others.

Thanks for the review. </div></div>
Quality is very good on the DBM's. Fit, finish, and function are as good as the $399 units at a much lower price.

I read recently that there is a 2 1/2 month wait for them as well

There may or may not be a 2.5 month wait for them, but mine came Monday after about a week and a half.

The long action dropped right in to my MCS-T3 with a little chiseling of the trigger deck. Functions perfectly and sits right on the pillars where it is supposed to. It gives more room in the trigger guard than the hinged floor plate did.

I highly recommend it.

We have some stock now. We had a rough patch in production and I do apologize to the ones who had to wait. Mention this on future business and I will make sure you are satisfied.

Right now if ordered they will ship same day payment received/cleared.

Thank again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoop,
Not being familiar with the mags, can you tell me the COAL of the SA and LA mags. </div></div>

Measured a 300WM magazine in the shop today.

Max COAL is 3.645"

Keep up the good work Hoop. When is the CZ bm going to be available?

Here are a couple pics of the short action DBM I installed in my McMillan Rem Classic hunting stock, soon to be my 6x47L.

I installed the DBM by hand, using a dremel, files and patience. I really like this DBM, especially the Oberndorf-style release.

DSC_0525-1.jpg

DSC_0527-1.jpg