• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hope I made the right choice.....build thread.

jamesbern

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
CT
I've got the urge for a 308 bolt gun. I want to do a nice quality setup, but at a price point under $3k for the whole thing. I was able to come in just under that and keep $30 in my pocket.

I've had a few R700s with my last one being a 20" in a ACIS chassis with a Timney trigger. After looking at my options I decided to try something new. I strayed from Remington and settled on an FN SPR A1a. For the price I figured I couldn't go wrong. After I'd outfit an R700 with a trigger, rail, and stock, i'd be pretty close to buying the factory SPR.

Ordered that and my scope. Wanted to keep it under a grand so I went with a Vortex 6-24x50 FFP. Bipod and rings were next.

Went with Seekins .87" Med rings, Atlas BT-10 bipod with LaRue QD mount, and a Seekins SRS rail for the Mcmillan stock.

Not my rifle, but a great shot of what it looks like. Looking forward to seeing if I made the right choice.

DSC00242.JPG

Last edited:
Opps Delete this. I made the thread when that odd virus message was popping up and it didn't look like the thread was created.