• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Horizon Firearms Core Venatic

Edub33

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2020
Hey folks. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? Local shop has a 7PRC cal I’ve been wanting. For $3200 I haven’t seen or heard much of them. Thanks.

My LGS has been pimping them HARD in .22CM. They're pretty but I don't see anything to seperate them from, say, a Bergara.

Reactions: Edub33
I just saw this company. So I came here to do research. Don't know much about them other than there is a website and guarantee 0.5 MOA

Probably $2300-2700 for second-rate parts (excepting the Benchmark), meaning they want $800-1200 for chambering, threading, fluting, cerakoting a barrel that doesn't even have timed muzzle threads (going off their website of $3500, not your LGS)

That accuracy is probably a simple 3-shot 0.5moa guarantee that requires you find the "correct" ammunition

I don't know anything about them, other than that's not a bargain

I have fired quite a few Horizon firearms and I can tell you they were all shooters. The ceracoate on the rifles is amazing too.

Stiller action, highly skeletonized, 1100$
Benchmark fluted blank $550
Iota stock: 650$
TT Special: 150$
Dbm: 150$
Chamber work: 350ish$
Bedding/cerakote: 300ish$
$3000

I don't see this price as being out of line. Personally I have a hard time trusting smith work done by any but a select few guys, so I'd personally buy my own components, and have it done by a smith I trust and know the chamber dials in is dead nuts zero runout, same at muzzle. The bedding job is 100% stress free, it's these little things that makes a consistently accurate rifle, and one that's easy to work a load up for. Try one out, best of luck!