• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 6mm creedmoor brass

Irokcrawl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
Anyone else have issues with hornady brass primer pockets basically being done after one maybe two firing? I just got my 6mm creedmoor build back from accurate ordnance and absolutely love the setup (bolt gun). It's a complete laser with the 105gn Hybrids. Are there any other options besides doing all the work to turn a 22-250 into a 6mm creedmoor to actually get good or half way decent brass? It really has me pissed off that the brass sucks so bad. Here is a video of once fired brass with a primer inserted getting ready for its second reload. I guess I'll just keep buying it and using it until the primers fall out of the damn brass. Hornady if your reading this is an issue! This is the brass made for GAP and was bought from GAP with the proper 6mm creedmoor headstamp.

Load is 42.6gn of h4350 with Cci 250 primers running a 105gn Hybrids at 3152fps. Still tons of room in the case and it was taken to 44.3gn or somewhere around there during load development just to see where pressure started to show and I had a small ejector swip at that charge which pusjed the 105 close to 3350fps if I recall correctly. Data book would have the exact numbers but it wouldn't gain me anything but a Dq in a match and half the life of the barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tpfY-dwJ5I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Anyone else have issues with hornady brass primer pockets basically being done after one maybe two firing? I just got my 6mm creedmoor build back from accurate ordnance and absolutely love the setup (bolt gun). It's a complete laser with the 105gn Hybrids. Are there any other options besides doing all the work to turn a 22-250 into a 6mm creedmoor to actually get good or half way decent brass? It really has me pissed off that the brass sucks so bad. Here is a video of once fired brass with a primer inserted getting ready for its second reload. I guess I'll just keep buying it and using it until the primers fall out of the damn brass. Hornady if your reading this is an issue! This is the brass made for GAP and was bought from GAP with the proper 6mm creedmoor headstamp.

Load is 42.6gn of h4350 with Cci 250 primers running a 105gn Hybrids at 3152fps. Still tons of room in the case and it was taken to 44.3gn or somewhere around there during load development just to see where pressure started to show and I had a small ejector swip at that charge which pusjed the 105 close to 3350fps if I recall correctly. Data book would have the exact numbers but it wouldn't gain me anything but a Dq in a match and half the life of the barrel.

i have the same rifle using same brass..i agree brass arent as great as lapua norma etc..virgin brass you can already feel that primer pocket almost oversized being kinda loose.now, majority of our brothers here shoots 41.9 at the most not only just becoz is where the accuracy but also they want to save brass and barrel.mine also has 236 bore and i cant push 105 hybrids more than 3100 unless i load it 43gr. 41.6 is whahts everyone using and getting 3160-+ on 24-26" barrel. yes it has a lot of room but i wouldnt load it more than 42.50 if you want to sit on those brass..other option would be 22-250 lapua im thinking about trying them too. i loaded hornady twice with 42 gr and i can already feel that pocket are loose..

I'm already seeing loose pockets out of my once and twice fired Hornady brass. Using 41.3 gr of H4350, not a blazing load. I hope Hornady fixes this.

i have the same rifle using same brass..i agree brass arent as great as lapua norma etc..virgin brass you can already feel that primer pocket almost oversized being kinda loose.now, majority of our brothers here shoots 41.9 at the most not only just becoz is where the accuracy but also they want to save brass and barrel.mine also has 236 bore and i cant push 105 hybrids more than 3100 unless i load it 43gr. 41.6 is whahts everyone using and getting 3160-+ on 24-26" barrel. yes it has a lot of room but i wouldnt load it more than 42.50 if you want to sit on those brass..other option would be 22-250 lapua im thinking about trying them too. i loaded hornady twice with 42 gr and i can already feel that pocket are loose..

Ill deal with it because I refuse to give up the accuracy and performance of that load. Its a 0.1xx moa at a 100 load and the same at 200 and 300. Im going to contact hornady to see what they say about it. I had the same results with some Nosler brass for a 308. One firing and I could probably push them in by hand afterwards. They were trashed and all I use now is federal brass for my 308 and have quite a few that are on the 18th-20th reload with annealing every 4th round. The primer pockets on those still are not as bad as the Hornady brass with one dang firing on them. It is depressing to say the least especially since the gun is freaking awesome and I have TONs of powder, primers and hybrids.

I use a RCBS Hand priming tool which allows me to get an idea on how tight the pockets are due to how hard I have to squeeze the handle. Normal brass and my 12 year old daughter cant seat one with two hands, she can seat these with two fingers without the dang priming tool! Primers are all checking out to be spot on as well. Its the crappy brass, if they would take half the effort to make the brass as good as their commercials and as "flashy" as their boxes they would have something. I would gladly pay a buck fifty a piece for Lapua to start making some.

I've got mostly 5 firings on my Hornady brass, primer pockets are fine. if I might suggest dropping your charge 1 grain you might have better luck with that brass, 42.6grs. would be very hot in my 6 Creed with H4350, now 42.6grs H4831sc is very mild but slow.

Hornady 6mm creedmoor brass

YES all of my primer pockets are loose after The FIRST fire or at least 9/10 are loose.............
I had to buy all new brass to go to a match because my pockets was so loose and i was having some primers fall out of my loaded rounds!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh, I'd love to see pics of your rig. What barrel length? Gotta be shorter than 24 if your getting 3152 with 1 grain more than me. That's my high for 41.6grs.

Brux 1-7.5 AO varment contour barrel is finished at 24", headspaced to 0.0015gap. 450ft above sea level on 42* day for load development..

pena2are.jpg

y4epedyn.jpg

yqapebyv.jpg

ba4agezu.jpg

Pic if the magneto speed data. This is also the most constant load with a 6 fps ED! Others were around 15-20 with 6-10fps Sd which isn't acceptable to me. I'm very picky about my loads to say the least..

e7ezeny2.jpg

Pic if the magneto speed data. This is also the most constant load with a 6 fps ED! Others were around 15-20 with 6-10fps Sd which isn't acceptable to me. I'm very picky about my loads to say the least..

e7ezeny2.jpg

Very nice stuff you got there! What's your best group at 300yds with her? I'm comparing.:)

Very nice stuff you got there! What's your best group at 300yds with her? I'm comparing.:)

0.8 whatever with the flyer. I always pull that 5th shot at 300. Pisses me off and it would be tiny if I would have only shot a 4 shot group but I always do 5..

ra4ysevy.jpg

To the OP……Yep, several of us shooting that exact load or close in our 6.5 Creed's. Same damn problem. We should all get them on a conference call. Complete BS!!!

I'm calling tomorrow. I'll call lapua and pay them to make the shit right. Well I wished I had the pull/cash to make that happen but Yep it's junk for sure. I measured every damn primer pocket on 200 pieces and 15% were large enough to push in my hand/fingers, the rest were out of my acceptable level for the most part but will be toast on the next firing I'm betting.

I'm calling tomorrow. I'll call lapua and pay them to make the shit right. Well I wished I had the pull/cash to make that happen but Yep it's junk for sure. I measured every damn primer pocket on 200 pieces and 15% were large enough to push in my hand/fingers, the rest were out of my acceptable level for the most part but will be toast on the next firing I'm betting.

Can't wait to see what they tell you on the phone. If you read through another thread on this site (I think called 6.5 Creedmoor Loads) you will see others complaining about it too.

I received third hand information that this can happen with a bolt face that is not completely square or true (concave a bit maybe)….but there are too many reporting the issue with custom actions with PTG and other custom bolts. So, I am not quite ready to commit to that theory yet. I just think it's soft brass. I have no pressure signs what-so-ever. The load shoots so good in my rifle that I will kick and scream a bloody tantrum if their answer is to lower the powder charge :mad:

This is with a Stiller tac30 action which uses ptg bolts if I'm not mistaken. I would hope it would be true. Actually I'm almost positive mark at AO checks every action and bolt for trueness. I guarantee they will say lower the powder charge. I'll then go grab a buddies 6.5mm Creedmoor and buy factory hornady ammo just to prove a point their brass sucks and tell them to fix the brass because I've got 2 full grains until I see any sort of pressure signs. Not just 0.2 but 2.0gns.. 6mmx47 lapua is starting to look a little better if nothing is done about the primer pockets. The rest of the brass seams to be doing well from what I can tell.

40¢ Winchester 22-250 brass becomes 6xc pretty easy. 39.5gr H4350 + 105 goes 3130-3140 from a 24" barrel and the brass is no worse for the wear.

243 and 6SLR offer more horsepower yet - and inexpensive Winnie brass!

Good luck with Hornady. Something tells me they're not going to admit their brass sucks. Seems a lot more likely they'll tell you you're loading too hot.

My main reason for going 6mm creedmoor is I want a bolt and gas gun that gives me room in the mag. 243, 6mmslr doesn't work as well as I would want it in a gas gun. I'll check into the 6xc for the next barrel. I had hoped on getting the gas 6 creedmoor here soon though so I'm definitely pushed back there due to brass issues.

And here I thought I'd be saving money going with the 6 creed instead of 6x47L. I hope the 500 pieces I got from gap don't suck as bad as some of you are reporting.

I ordered as much as their website would allow yesterday just so I would have enough to get by for a while. I'll just cut my losses and toss the when the primers fall out I guess. I shot one the other day that I pressed in by hand and it still had no problems hitting a 1mka target at 400 which isn't really a big deal but it worked. A dot of superglue, duct tape maybe. Lol.

22-250 brass becomes 6 Creed even easier than than it does 6XC, just run 250 brass thru 6 Creed die, fireform, and you're done, no shoulder bumping or anything like you have to do making it into a 6XC round. Here's a unfireformed Rem 22-250 on left with a piece of 6 Creed(Hornady) Primer pockets still good after 5 firings.
u3ddagv.jpg

22-250 brass becomes 6 Creed even easier than than it does 6XC, just run 250 brass thru 6 Creed die, fireform, and you're done, no shoulder bumping or anything like you have to do making it into a 6XC round. Here's a unfireformed Rem 22-250 on left with a piece of 6 Creed(Hornady) Primer pockets still good after 5 firings.

Fireforming in a 6mm just sounds wasteful to me. I'm about to start a 6mm Creedmoor build myself but this thread has got me thinking. I suppose you could also resize Norma 6.5 Creedmoor brass right?

Last edited:
Fireforming in a 6mm just sounds wasteful to me. I'm about to start a 6mm Creedmoor build myself but this thread has got me thinking. I suppose you could also resize Norma 6.5 Creedmoor brass right?

I thought the same when I picked up a 2nd hand 6XC. At the time there was no Tubb or Norma available and of course, I wanted to get shooting it right away.

I bought the Winchester 22-250 and gave it a whirl. The fireforming loads run about 2950fps compared to the 3140 from the full power 6xc loads, so obviously, the full-tilt 6mm goodness isn't there with fireforming loads. But still, I've found plenty of shooting instances to use them and they shoot very accurately.

With wildcats and caseforming, you have to ask yourself if ALL of your shooting requires full power ammo. By the time I had worked up a fireforming load that shot nicely, plinked and got used to the new rifle, shot a couple local matches and went to a ~650 yard maximum local tactical match, I had a big bag of 500+ pcs of formed brass.

I was told I had to turn the necks by a buddy so I didnt even research it anymore. He is usually a super reliable source but he doesn't own a Creed so... I still would prefer not to have to fireform my brass. These 105gn Hybrids were hard as hell to find so I'd like to make them count and even though I've shot close to 500rnds out of this 6mm creedmoor since Friday I won't shoot it anymore unless it's match time. 308 or 223 trainer is used then (prs matches). Hopefully the brass I have on the way will last me for this barrel and then if there isn't another manufacturer of brass for it I'll go with a 6mmx47. I damn well know lapua brass is good of not the best made. Just hurts to loose a bunch of $1.40 piece of brass during these matches.

I thought the same when I picked up a 2nd hand 6XC. At the time there was no Tubb or Norma available and of course, I wanted to get shooting it right away.

I bought the Winchester 22-250 and gave it a whirl. The fireforming loads run about 2950fps compared to the 3140 from the full power 6xc loads, so obviously, the full-tilt 6mm goodness isn't there with fireforming loads. But still, I've found plenty of shooting instances to use them and they shoot very accurately.

With wildcats and caseforming, you have to ask yourself if ALL of your shooting requires full power ammo. By the time I had worked up a fireforming load that shot nicely, plinked and got used to the new rifle, shot a couple local matches and went to a ~650 yard maximum local tactical match, I had a big bag of 500+ pcs of formed brass.

All this talk of 6XC makes me want to to switch! Good thing my gunsmith hasn't started any work yet.

All this talk of 6XC makes me want to to switch! Good thing my gunsmith hasn't started any work yet.

LOL. Hard to decide amongst all the excellent cartridge choices - especially when the differences between them is so small yet nuanced.

The x47 has excellent brass, the Creed has ideal case capacity, the XC is proven, 243 brass grows on trees...

Currently my top pick is the 6mm SLR because the 243 brass is cheap, it looks really nice and has enough horsepower you can get 3150 out of it without pushing at all.

I'm making my 6xc from Lapua 22-250 brass, bump the shoulder with the 308 die then into the 6xc die and done.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

As much as I actually like reloading I like to shoot more and sometimes I don't have time to mess with it so I want proper headstamped or something I can only run though a sizer and be done. Time is money for me so I try to use it wisely.

I'm making my 6xc from Lapua 22-250 brass, bump the shoulder with the 308 die then into the 6xc die and done.

You still have to fireform, no?

In regard to the 308 die - are you using a spacer to get the 22-250 brass up into the 308 die further, or did you grind the bottom off the 308 die?

Interesting factoid: A friend and fellow member of my gunclub (Larry W.) pioneered the 308 die "pre-bump" of 22-250 brass so you don't get the dickhead mushroom tip look on your 22-250 brass.

[MENTION=88412]Irokcrawl[/MENTION]

I feel you on not wanting to screw with improper headstamps and fireforming and all the other shit. It's not for everyone. Even though 6xc is an easy one, it is still extra time. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to brass, but frankly, it's penny wise and pound foolish of me. My experience has been that I get back ~75% of my match brass (I get back 99% of my non match brass). I shoot ~1000-1200 rounds at tactical matches per year, meaning I lose about 300 pcs per year. Even with fancy Lapua brass, that's just over $300/year. $300 ain't shit when you consider all the other expenses and consumables required to shoot long range rifle matches. Plus, the Lapua is truly load and go. Zero prep work required and it's proven to shoot great. Makes a nice case for the 6x47!

I talked to Hornady just a few minutes ago. I forgot the guys name but I gave him every detail and mentioned that there were lots of people with 6mm and 6.5mm creedmoor who were having the same results and were PISSED. He said he had no problems with his 6.5creed but of course he would say that because he probably gets the brass for free. lol. He did say that it defiantly sounded like a problem and he would try to get the hardness info and have one of the engineers call me. He got my number and I asked him to keep me in the loop as far as what comes of it if anything but you can bet I will call back if I haven't heard anything in a week. I tell owners of billion dollar companies what to do with their IT side of things so I know how to handle people who deny the truth very well. Also another thing, I checked the brass from my ladder test which started at 40.4gns and even that has the same problem so its not that I'm pushing them to hard because that only moved at 29xxfps or so.

You still have to fireform, no?

In regard to the 308 die - are you using a spacer to get the 22-250 brass up into the 308 die further, or did you grind the bottom off the 308 die?

Interesting factoid: A friend and fellow member of my gunclub (Larry W.) pioneered the 308 die "pre-bump" of 22-250 brass so you don't get the dickhead mushroom tip look on your 22-250 brass.

[MENTION=88412]Irokcrawl[/MENTION]

I feel you on not wanting to screw with improper headstamps and fireforming and all the other shit. It's not for everyone. Even though 6xc is an easy one, it is still extra time. I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to brass, but frankly, it's penny wise and pound foolish of me. My experience has been that I get back ~75% of my match brass (I get back 99% of my non match brass). I shoot ~1000-1200 rounds at tactical matches per year, meaning I lose about 300 pcs per year. Even with fancy Lapua brass, that's just over $300/year. $300 ain't shit when you consider all the other expenses and consumables required to shoot long range rifle matches. Plus, the Lapua is truly load and go. Zero prep work required and it's proven to shoot great. Makes a nice case for the 6x47!

Yep, A bunch of local guys are moving to a 6x47 just because the builder recommended it, mainly because of the brass. My builder can chamber it in whatever I want so its not going to hurt their feelings if I move to a 6x47 and then I would just move to a 6.5x47L for the 6.5mm version since I like both 6mm and 6.5mm variants. Actually I need to measure the 6.5x47 brass I have.. Yeah I figure I loose 10-15% of brass during a match, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on where the match is and how fast paced it is. I loose zero when I practice since Its usually only me shooting during the weekend and I go over the range 10x looking and usually end up with about 20 more pieces of other random odd calibers each time I go which helps my buddies out.

The 6mm Creedmoor has the same case capacity as the 243 Win with Lapua Brass. Hodgdon lists a MAX load for the .243 Win with 105 gr A-Max bullet as 37.5 grains H4350.

If the OP's load is indeed 42.6 grains H4350, I don't think his problem is poor Hornady brass......Something to ponder.

Hodgdon lists a MAX load for the .243 Win with 105 gr A-Max bullet as 37.5 grains H4350.

Wow! That's so low I had to doublecheck. You're correct, they list 37.5gr max for both 105amax and 107smk, for 2800fps.

Lame.

Big time lame.

Nobody running 243s in matches is loading to 2800fps with a 105. Most are over 300-350fps faster. 42gr and more has served a lot of 243 shooters very, very well.

If I wanted a 6mm bullet to go 2800fps or less I would have loaded it to 37.5gns. My 308 walks all over that with the juggernauts. This is a match gun and I want every fps out of it I can get. No reason not to, the first pressie signs I saw were at 44.6gn with a 2.7300 coal and it was a minor ejector swipe. This setup was intentually setup to run shorter coal so I could take the same bullets and hopefully use them in a gas gun. Most of my buddies run a 243 and are running 43gn of h4350 with a 115gn dtac and pushing them to 3150fps and show zero pressure signs and are on their 10th plus reload with Winchester brass. I may be pushing it hard but the primer pockets should last longer than one firing. I'd be happy with 5-7 firings to be honest.

Wow! That's so low I had to doublecheck. You're correct, they list 37.5gr max for both 105amax and 107smk, for 2800fps.

Lame.

Big time lame.

Nobody running 243s in matches is loading to 2800fps with a 105. Most are over 300-350fps faster. 42gr and more has served a lot of 243 shooters very, very well.

Sure it's a lame velocity, and most folks load the 243 hotter, much hotter. But the average 243 Win. does have more capacity than average 6mm Creedmoor, so if anything 6mm Creedmoor load would be less than the average hot 243 Win (with Winchester brass), not more.

Lack of pressure signs with 6mm Creedmoor match chambers in quality match barrels really does not mean much. Generally primer pockets start to loosen when pressures are in excess of 70K psi.

Please understand you can load any way you please, it's your rifle and your load. But when primer pocket loosen after one reload, either the brass is bad or the load is too hot. In this case it may be a bit of both.....

Again it's something for you folks to ponder....

I was just told by the guy at hornady that the 6mm creedmoore was designed to run at 2950-3k max which put it around 60k on the pressure and said I should be wearing a welding mask while shooting my loads. Lol. I'll keep shooting the hell out of it at 3150fps and go 6x47l on the next barrel.

Does anyone fireform 6 creed brass with cheap bullets and lower powder charges to save money and barrel life?

I was using a spacer to shoulder bump mine at first, but after I found where I wanted them ( most likely Larry info) I machined off a extra Lee 308 die. I load then and shoot them after that and fire form them there. I have fire formed while popping prairie dogs, and have even gone and shot a match with virgin brass. I have only noticed they are a touch faster with new brass.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't think the guy at Hornady knows shit to be honest. Since I'm running the recommended loads from GAP......and they are all in the 3100's.

Yeah, its basically an excuse for crappy brass. I offered to send my setup in for them to test pressures and was told they couldn't do it. lol. Hornady products have really disappointed me over the past few years to be honest so unless its just something I have to have like this brass Ill buy from another manufacture. If RCBS made brass I would probably have a few thousand free pieces on the way. Their customer service rocks!

Does anyone fireform 6 creed brass with cheap bullets and lower powder charges to save money and barrel life?

When forming 6xc from 22-250, I've found a nice full power charge works better to get a nice sharp shoulder than "poofer" loads.

However, I do plink with my 6xc using a casefull of H1000 and HRNDY 105bthp. That combo is good for about 2725fps, and I suspect it's gotta be pretty easy on the barrel. One thing is for sure though, the ballistics SUCK with this combo. The trajectory of a 308 with 175, but none of the "ass" behind it. No wind resistance, no impact energy on steel and no splash in the dirt.

hydro form die "they take a while to get made, not sure if redding hornady etc. are even doing any now theyre swamped trying to restock std. dies"

or

buy a shot out 6xc barrel and fire form with that. powder situation kinda two blocks ya there too.

my first thought when I started reading is thread is how bout switching primer brands first instead of reinventing the wheel. a very smart old mechanic told me one time......
"start simple son"

the cci's are the worst as far as getting loose, I wont run em for that reason.

as a side note the handgun shooters got a neat tool that actually rolls the base of the case to tighten the primer pockets. given the current supply situation, id say a lot of money could be made with a similar setup for rifle. maby hornady needs to build a high speed version.

they may not be as efficient in some ways but the ole 243 is just a solid cartridge.

hydro form die "they take a while to get made, not sure if redding hornady etc. are even doing any now theyre swamped trying to restock std. dies"

or

buy a shot out 6xc barrel and fire form with that. powder situation kinda two blocks ya there too.

my first thought when I started reading is thread is how bout switching primer brands first instead of reinventing the wheel. a very smart old mechanic told me one time......
"start simple son"

the cci's are the worst as far as getting loose, I wont run em for that reason.

as a side note the handgun shooters got a neat tool that actually rolls the base of the case to tighten the primer pockets. given the current supply situation, id say a lot of money could be made with a similar setup for rifle. maby hornady needs to build a high speed version.

they may not be as efficient in some ways but the ole 243 is just a solid cartridge.

And this is one of the reasons I run wolf or Tula. I'm going into the third firing on my 6creedmore brass and the pockets are still in the zone with those primers....and I'm running 42.5 for my boltgun load.

I'm putting a 6 creed together right now and I really don't want to have to rely on hornady brass. I was thinking about an 87 gr bullet with a little faster burning powder for fireforming win 250 brass, does that sound like a cost affective solution for fireforming?

Yeah, its basically an excuse for crappy brass. I offered to send my setup in for them to test pressures and was told they couldn't do it. lol. Hornady products have really disappointed me over the past few years to be honest so unless its just something I have to have like this brass Ill buy from another manufacture. If RCBS made brass I would probably have a few thousand free pieces on the way. Their customer service rocks!

Yea, it's crappy brass, not the reloader's fault.

Hornady guys don't know what they are talking about, and I guess neither do the 6mmBR.com guys:

243 Win Loads:

H435037.4CCI BR2107 SMK2986 fpsCW2's Acc. Load--just off lands.

243 AI Loads:

H435041.6Fed 210m107 SMK3036 fpsJimB load. Extremely Accurate with SMKs jumped .040" in Schneider barrel.

Now I know your shooting a 6mm Creedmoor and not a 243 Win. But I'm sure you know the 6mm Creedmoor has less case capacity than the 243 Win and much less than the 243 AI, but your load is hotter than the 243 AI load listed.

But your sure the brass is crappy......right????

I'm putting a 6 creed together right now and I really don't want to have to rely on hornady brass. I was thinking about an 87 gr bullet with a little faster burning powder for fireforming win 250 brass, does that sound like a cost affective solution for fireforming?

My opinion is no.

I think you're better off to find a nice shooting load at or near the top end of what you can get out of the parent cartridge. Use this ammo for "real" shooting. As I mentioned before, my 22-250 cases fired in my XC chamber are good for 2950fps. Frankly, a Berger 105 at 2950 is no slouch. Sure, 3150 is quite helpful when shooting out past 700 yards or so, but it's still very useable. I had zero qualm whatsoever bringing FFing ammo to a "real" match whose max range was 650 yards. I didn't feel I was really giving anything up compared to actual 6xc loads because the difference is pretty darn small at those ranges.

FFing with "real" ammo doesn't consume components just for the sake of forming brass, so you're not wasting barrel life, powder, primers, time etc etc.