• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 75gr BTHP in AR mags?

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Kennewick, WA
Does any one know if I will be able to load the hornady 75gr bthp to mag length in my AR?

If so does any one have experience doing so?

Re: Hornady 75gr BTHP in AR mags?

The 75gr BHTP Match works great loaded to mag length (2.260"). It's the 75gr A-max that isn't designed to do so (the ogive would be inside of the neck).

Yes the 75 gr BTHP Hornadys and 77 gr Sierra Matchkings are loaded to magazine length. I have used both in LC cases with CCI 41 primers and 24 gr. of RE15, which is almost a universal load that works well in every rifle I've ever shot it in.

Concur with the above. I have a 1:9 barrel and well, it didnt shoot as well as I had hoped, dropped down to a 69 gr from wideners and have not looked back... although the coyotes are checking their six.

That is some exciting news. Looks like I may have to work on a 75gr bthp load for my rifle when I can get some in.

I haven't loaded them but I have shot some Hornady factory match loaded with them, they'll work for sure. They did ok, nothing to brag about, as above mine's a 1:9.

I load these to mag length in my 18" WOA barreled AR. 24.0 gr RE-15, Win or CCI primers, and Prvi brass shoots 0.5-0.75 moa out to 300. That's about as far as I like to take them though; out to 600 they lose it. 600+ I use the 77gr SMK which handle much better.