• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady LnL conversion on a Rock Chucker (or other) press

uscbigdawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Wanted to see who has done this and your input from use. How has it worked compared to just spinning dies in conventionally.

Thanks.

I use a LNLAP to load pistol cals and .223, and a RC for other rifle cals. The RC has the Hornady LNL conversion. I added almost 1/8" of shims under the LNL conversion to make the die adjustment the same for both presses.

Has worked great for me.

I've had the LNL conversion bushing on my Rock Chucker for years. Works exactly as advertised and couldn't imagine using anything else. It's now my depriming and bullet pulling dedicated press.

I have a RC with LNL conversion. I also have a Hornady LNL single-stage press. Both lock the die in securely and both will load straight ammo.
The only issue is that RC and LNL have different dimensions and dies can't be interchanged without some adjustment.

Ditto what pandom said, Set it and forget it, 1/4 turn on and off. Makes things really easy. Using on all my 6.5, 7rm, 308, 300wm dies plus decapping and expander dies.

The only concerning thing that I've heard is that over time, there is some "wobble," that develops (different than the 'centering,' you want if using say the o-rings for centering).

I love the ability to not have to spin dies in and out, but it would purely be a luxury rather than a necessity.

I have a RC with LNL conversion. I also have a Hornady LNL single-stage press. Both lock the die in securely and both will load straight ammo.
The only issue is that RC and LNL have different dimensions and dies can't be interchanged without some adjustment.

See what 1idcat said he did in post #2 above. It sounds like the solution to the height difference issue.