• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady lock-n-load Classic kit yes or no?

blkbusa13

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2017
I was looking to get into rifle reloading, 6.5 creed moor. I have been doing pistol in a few calipers for years now. I seen this kit at my local gander mountain and as many know they are closing. They have the hornady lock-n-load kits after the discounts for $232, plus hornady is giving you a rebate that they will send you 500 bullets with proof of purchase. The bullets are limited to mostly pistol calipers so I can go with 9mm or 45. My question is this kit worth getting or should I go with something else?Also what dies do you recommend? Thanks

I've had good luck with mine. For the price, you can't go wrong. Especially at that Gander discount. Good way to start in single stage / rifle calibers

Just don't forget shell holder, dies, all components. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it has all you need.

I'm liking my Hornady Match Grade dies for 6mm Creedmoor. The micrometer seating die is clutch