• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hornady one shot lube

556tar21

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2017
Saskatoon
Hi I really like using the one shot lube, I’m just wondering those of you using it are you removing the lube from inside the necks or just loading them up?

I just wipe the outside, prime and load with One Shot spray. I wipe the paste out.

I poke the necks through a paper towel and spay the inside of the necks for lubrication when seating the bullets. Let dry and then prime and add powder.

I’m a little compulsive. I wash my brass in Dawn and warm water to remove the lube and wash out any brass shavings. I don’t like having lube in the chamber or gunking up my dry media.

Reactions: shoot 51
I just wipe it from the outside before charging and seating.
It can cause ball powder to stick to the inside of the neck, but seating a bullet clears it out.
If the directions are followed, it's a great lube.
The people that complain of it not working correctly are probably not shaking the can enough.
I also turn it upside down while shaking it just like I do with paint cans.
Great stuff.

Reactions: Bsgarlock30
i've used it for bulk loading 223 for an AR. filled a gallon bag and just sprayed over and over and tumbled it around. worked great for me. had solid accuracy results progressive loading, including powder.

I just used it and loaded them. I've switched to home brew now and tumble after sizing and trimming.

I put brass in my case feeder and spray all the brass when the feeder is turning and blocking the feed port. By the time they fall to the sizing die they are dry and lubed. Works really well. Once I resize, they go to trim. After trim they get tumbled till they look sexy. Then stored and ready for loading. I just hate the smell of that crap, but it works really well. I like to spray the inside of my dies with it too to lube the carbide ball. I think the biggest issue people have with the stuff is they don't let it dry and have hydro denting issues.

Reactions: 556tar21