• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornandy auto charge vs FX120

Steel head

Feral kitten
Minuteman
  • Aug 3, 2014
    Washington
    So I threw 50 charges on the Hornandy and tuned them with the FX120.
    Approximate numbers
    3- perfect charges
    4- .04-.06 under
    25- .02-.06 over
    10- .08-.10 over
    6- .12-.16 over
    2- .16-.20

Generally I’m able to get realistic 6-8 SD’s in 7 saum and 260 with the Hornandy so it will be interesting with all 50 within .02 grains

Corrected,,,,

Last edited:
    On your last readings, do you mean .16-.20? rather than .016-.020?

That pretty good, I always read that the hirnady was kinda crap. Guess people just don't know wtf they are doing with the settings.
    It’s biggest issue is excessive over charges and I cured that with settings and a insert.

Interestingly I did weight the couple overcharges I got and the they were in the pass range.

It’s biggest issue is excessive over charges and I cured that with settings and a insert.

Interestingly I did weight the couple overcharges I got and the they were in the pass range.

I'm fairly convinced like 99% of this stuff is user error. I got my Frankford intellidropper, and after I figured out how to use it and set it up properly, I have had zero charging issues. Took some time, but all this stuff is within the margin of error of all of my measuring equipment.