• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Horses Gone Wild

Re: Horses Gone Wild

should have just shot the horse then i wouldnt feel like i just wasted 7 minutes of my life

"But none of these folks had a clue how to handle this."

more excitement then most of them have had in the last 50yrs

Everyone wants a fucking horse, but they are just like guns. They can be fun and do you a lot of good, but if you don't know how to use them they can kill you without even trying. This is why people like this piss me off. When they actually see someone taking control and demanding respect from a horse they're the first to cry foul, and thing the horse is in some way being abused. They are not pets, they are stock. I weigh about 150 lbs at best. A medium sized horse weighs about 1200 or so. Do the math, because even if that animal means you absolutely no harm, they will still kill or maim you in a blink.

But then to get one worked up, let it get out of control, run around and create all kinds of chaos only to create reactions from other horses in a cascading domino effect of destruction... Yeah, way to go. Let's stand around and watch... no wait! I got it!.... Let's continue to feed into their natural flight response by chasing them and yelling.

This is the equine equivalent to a public range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is the equine equivalent to a public range. </div></div>

Well put. Also the dumb thing is why didn't they take the ones that are calm out of the rink instead of letting it domino like it did...

I have been riding horses my whole life and we ride regularly now. You see idioits like that at any equine gathering. The big trail rides are almost worth going to just to watch the train wrecks from trying to force a 1000# horse on a trailer to riding your stud for the first time in the last year at a crowded trail ride. Our plugs are just trail and roping stock....the high strung riders and horses are well suited for show, because they usually put on a good one!

Another perfect example of why I fucking HATE horses. I keep telling my wife one day our hobbies are going to come together. My guns-Her horse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another perfect example of why I fucking HATE horses. I keep telling my wife one day our hobbies are going to come together. My guns-Her horse. </div></div>

cowboy action shooting from horseback.......it's all you man!

personally, I lol'ed at 2 things:

1)the old guy right at the start of the first "chase" who puts his hands out like "STOP!" and gets plowed head on.

2)the lady yelling on the PA to be quiet... LOL, you're the one making the most noise, dumbass.

The only guy who had any sense was the guy in the cowboy hat who grabbed the first one by the bridle when it came to him. Too bad it hit the second buggy first, but at least he got one under control.

If you've ever been involved in ranching/ag or horse use for hunting/police/etc. work, you know that there are "horse users" and "horsey people", two very different cultures of horses and riders.

The two groups generally have some disdain for the other, as has been mentioned already. The folks in this video are about 99% "horsey people" and as a member of the other group I like to think that they are yuppie fools... this pretty much proves it. Those of us on the other side would have roped it and drug it the hell out of there, lol.

/\ You hit it on the head. As one residing in the same camp its slightly disgusting to watch this video. Could be good practice for the big loop contest though......

The problem I saw was that there wasn't anyone there yelling <span style="font-style: italic">"Whoa you son-of-a-bitch! Whoa!"</span>
laugh.gif

Who the hell wants to ride in a cart and stare at a horses ass for hours on end. The view is awful.

That was so funny! LOL! What a bunch of idiots dealing with unpredictable animals! :eek:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The only guy who had any sense was the guy in the cowboy hat who grabbed the first one by the bridle when it came to him. Too bad it hit the second buggy first, but at least he got one under control.

</div></div>

Noticed that too. It was a pretty good catch. Quick and steady reaction. Bet his hand hurt later though. He had Horse #2 by the bridle and Horse #1 and ripped it right out of his hand.

BMT

hahahahaha Thats funny! I like how the lady is trying to keep everyone calm..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another perfect example of why I fucking HATE horses. I keep telling my wife one day our hobbies are going to come together. My guns-Her horse. </div></div>

AMEN bro, I HATE horses too. My girlfriend spend 10s of thousand per year with her walking bag of dog food. They scare the shit out of me. Spooky fucking animals. The only thing that would be better in that video is if the riders were beating each other with whiffle ball bats and wearing fuzzy thongs. HAHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOOSEKNUCKLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another perfect example of why I fucking HATE horses. I keep telling my wife one day our hobbies are going to come together. My guns-Her horse. </div></div>

AMEN bro, I HATE horses too. My girlfriend spend 10s of thousand per year with her walking bag of dog food. They scare the shit out of me. Spooky fucking animals. The only thing that would be better in that video is if the riders were beating each other with whiffle ball bats and wearing fuzzy thongs. HAHA </div></div>

that is so funny my mother, my sister, and a very good friend have horses. They see beauty.........I see steaks!

WoW! What a bunch of retards.... and another prime reason why I stick to raising/breeding/training quarter horses instead of any form of warm blood or specialized breed.

Mike

You mean running after them, yelling, waving your arms, and constantly yapping on the loud PA system won't calm the horses down? Shows what I know about horses...