• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Horus 3-12x50mm now with H59 available

2ndSecuresTheRest

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
Central TX
Just ordered one of the new replacements for the old Hawk model. I used to have one with the H425 reticule, and it was very clear glass, had reasonably fine stadia at max magnification, and at $550 was a pretty great value for a FFP scope. The new one is also FFP, now mil/mil, and has 3 reticule choices- the original H425, the H59, and their new H130 'hunting' reticule --which will certainly inflame the Horus Haters here- I'm generally a Horus concept fan but this thing makes even me cringe. If you accept that the Horus concept is relatively appropriate for DMR use within say 800 yds then this scope with H59 in FFP, mil/mil, 30mm tube with 50mm objective in 3-12x is a good mix...all for $660. And now with 'Limited Lifetime' warranty.
I've run their 4-16x50mm models on 308 and 300WM rifles with no issues for years. Scopes seem likely to be made by whoever builds Bushnell Elite; mine all say Made in Japan on them. I should have my 'Hunter H59' model in late next week- I'll put it next to the 4-16 models and my IOR and compare glass & post impressions etc then. Consider this 'taking one for the team' LOL!

https://www.horusvision.com/hunter.php

I certainly understand the skepticism from prior 1-yr warranty and customer service rep, but once I learned to use the software on the H25 reticules I found it pretty quick to go from close to far and back without twiddling knobs. On regular mil-dot scopes I kept getting lost on where zero was- and zero stop scopes are still pretty rare. Plus there's never been much hard reliability info on erector systems and their durability over the long haul...Horus' system seemed to minimize those issues. Anyhow, FWIW...more info later next week.

any update?

Just ordered one of the new replacements for the old Hawk model. I used to have one with the H425 reticule, and it was very clear glass, had reasonably fine stadia at max magnification, and at $550 was a pretty great value for a FFP scope. The new one is also FFP, now mil/mil, and has 3 reticule choices- the original H425, the H59, and their new H130 'hunting' reticule --which will certainly inflame the Horus Haters here- I'm generally a Horus concept fan but this thing makes even me cringe. If you accept that the Horus concept is relatively appropriate for DMR use within say 800 yds then this scope with H59 in FFP, mil/mil, 30mm tube with 50mm objective in 3-12x is a good mix...all for $660. And now with 'Limited Lifetime' warranty.
I've run their 4-16x50mm models on 308 and 300WM rifles with no issues for years. Scopes seem likely to be made by whoever builds Bushnell Elite; mine all say Made in Japan on them. I should have my 'Hunter H59' model in late next week- I'll put it next to the 4-16 models and my IOR and compare glass & post impressions etc then. Consider this 'taking one for the team' LOL!

https://www.horusvision.com/hunter.php

I certainly understand the skepticism from prior 1-yr warranty and customer service rep, but once I learned to use the software on the H25 reticules I found it pretty quick to go from close to far and back without twiddling knobs. On regular mil-dot scopes I kept getting lost on where zero was- and zero stop scopes are still pretty rare. Plus there's never been much hard reliability info on erector systems and their durability over the long haul...Horus' system seemed to minimize those issues. Anyhow, FWIW...more info later next week.

Updates?

I have a couple of Horus scopes. I use the Talon for 3 gun in 1-4. It is busy and takes some getting used to, but it works. I am thinking of putting the new hunter scope on a rifle but with the H59 reticle. I like not having to turn my turrets to get on target and it takes way too long. This weekend I was able to reliably hit targets to 450 with 4 power using the grid to hold wind. We had gust up to 25 mph during match. It helps that I have rep from Horus that lives nearby and has a ranch to test products.
Mike

The reticles are busy, I am changing two scope reticles from H59 to regular mil or something less busy!