• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus reticles

Kapnkrunch

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2011
SW Washington
I recently was introduced to the H59 and liked how easy it was to use after a few hours and am thinking this is the way to go for my ELR build. Whats out there that has an Horus that wont break the bank[$1500ish], I came across the HDMR but with the CS I've received from Bushnell in the past I won't touch it with a 10' pole.

Any input from end users of the Horus reticles is appreciated.

Re: Horus reticles

Well, if you don't want to get the Bushnell HDMR, which in my opinion is the best value out there for a scope with a Horus reticle, you best go straight to Horusvision.com itself.

Anything else with a Horus will be way out of your price range.

Horus reticles allow excellent holdover, or precise estimation of how many mils to click.

By going with the Leupold, I paid extra to gain the warranty. Unless the situation has changed, Horus offers an extremely limited warranty. just a consideration if you are hard on scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Horus reticles allow excellent holdover, or precise estimation of how many mils to click.

By going with the Leupold, I paid extra to gain the warranty. Unless the situation has changed, Horus offers an extremely limited warranty. just a consideration if you are hard on scopes. </div></div>
+100%

I wish I could spend the coin on an NF or S&B but my new job only pays a 1/3rd of what I was making so my budget for my project has been halved.

I don't see any Hours reticles offered from Leupold's custom shop, Did I overlook it on Leupold's site?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kapnkrunch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could spend the coin on an NF or S&B but my new job only pays a 1/3rd of what I was making so my budget for my project has been halved.

I don't see any Hours reticles offered from Leupold's custom shop, Did I overlook it on Leupold's site? </div></div>

They're on the Leupold site; you'll have to look in the Mk4 ER/T section and you'll see the models and Horus reticle offerings.

Go with the Horus Falcon with the H37 reticle! I have one on my .338 and have shot it out there a pretty good ways. I have the "main cross hair" zeroed at 1000 which allows me to keep the magnification at a higher power for the long shots. I love the reticle so much I had my smith order me a Premier with the H37. It should be here in a week or so and I can't wait to strap it to the .408!

It seems people either lovem or hate em.

I personally find the reticle busy and the line subtension too thick for precise holds; as well it obscures a large amount of the field of view making it harder to spot bullet impact.

I'm not a fan of the Hours RETs at all I have not tried the H27 and it looks like it would be useable so I my have to test that one out.

The GAP G2 RET has a Hours feel with out a lot of the unneeded lines. I like the GAP G2 RET.

Mike @ CST

I just broke down and ordered the S&B PMII 5-25 with the H58 ret. been using the HDMR for a while and decided to make the jump to my first top end scope

I tried a H-25 and didnt care for it. The lines were way too thick at the higher powers.

I have a S&B 5-25 with the H-37 and like it a lot.

I haven't used one yet but from looking at some pic's and what I've read looks like I'll have to sell one of the kids or something to get one was looking at Premier and kind of hard to spend 3599.00 on a scope.

With currently built-up demand, it wouldn't be surprising to see more mid-range scopes from various manufacturers equipped with one kind or another Horus type reticles. May in a year or two

I think the H58 is what I'll be going with in my next scope. I've been looking around for a while for the 'perfect' reticle and I think that the H58 is going to be the one that I'm going to have to go with. I was skeptical at first because frankly I didn't want to pay a 500 dollar premium for a reticle but the things that I've heard about these reticles is either they're great or they're too busy. I think I can deal with too busy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tacreloader25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What reticl? H-37 or a H58
I'm looking at my first horus. </div></div>

H-58 is fine but preferably H-59. I like the smaller floating dot and .2 mil spacing for when I feel the need to dial.

The H-37 takes up too much of the field of view. Sometimes you need to use the space in the scope with zero clutter.

If you need to make a ELR shot with the H-25,58,59 just dial up the solution or put a quick 10 mils on and holdover for the rest.

I have the H59 reticle and the more I use it the more I like it. I prefer the floating dot and it has one extra mil on each side of the horizontal reticle pattern than the H58 has.

h59 in HDMR has served me quite well over the last year in the woods and comps. I think a 7th place is its worst to date.