• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Houston Popo want to take our guns now

They hired a new chief of police in my area several years ago who had come from Austin. We were having a for real gang problem in the area, mainly due to a prior mayor saying we didn't have any gangs (gangs are bad for tourism). So, the joker from Austin winds up having officers paint houses in the places with high gang activity, had pizza parties for them, and wound up starting a program that the officers and public called hug a thug. Fast forward a couple of years and this guy suggests that victims of burglary who have a firearm stolen be prosecuted. He was reminded that we are still free in Tennessee, and is now gone. Not sure what they are growing in Texas these days, but it sure sounds different from the bunch our state helped out many years ago.

Not sure what they are growing in Texas these days, but it sure sounds different from the bunch our state helped out many years ago.

The tech sector in Austin is booming- 2nd only to CA and easily tied with Seattle. Its brought a huge influx of people from San Francisco. The last couple companies I worked for there were satellite offices of Bay Area companies. Its a lot cheaper to have employees in Austin than CA, so they are moving/hiring as many here as they can. I.E. Apple is moving to have every single non technical job in Austin. This was always a hippy town but now its far beyond that. The Austin City Council is enamoured with Portlands city council and tries to emulate everything they do. Simply put- Austin isnt a reflection of Texas at all. I wish Texas would invade it and remake it in their image. Unfortunately I am tied to it for work reasons.

Interestingly Acevedo was brought in to help clean up APDs image and reduce corruption and police brutality. I scratched my head at the time they would pick a guy from LAPD to do that. He left after he was severely reprimanded by city council for publicly coming out against one of his officers before the trial who had shot and killed an unarmed naked man.