• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Houston, TX

choover23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
Kentucky
Guys,

I'm looking to take a job in Houston. I need a good 1000 yd range and a good Class 3 dealer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bayou Rifles, Google it.

This weekend is the state long range championships. Participation between F Class and sling is about split. So far there are 78 signed up to shoot.

Thanks. I saw that yesterday. How much is the membership fee and how long is the wait list?

Your class 3 would be sean cody. Great guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I saw that yesterday. How much is the membership fee and how long is the wait list?

The wait list is closed with no eta to reopen. They won't be taking your money, or mine either, for a while.

Houston from Kentucky? I wouldn't do it unless the job made you rich! I've lived in Houston as well as Bowling Green and Alexandria and I would move back to Kentucky a lot sooner than I would hot, humid, crowded Houston.

YMMV, though. Houston has a lot of good points but, for me, they didn't outweigh the bad.

Yeah it's one of those deals you don't turn down. Plus I hope the duck hunting is better on the coast.

Do I need a trust in TX? I typically just use a form 4 in KY and my LEO signs and fingerprints.

When I lived (mercifully briefly) in Harris County, it was also the most expensive county in the USA for car insurance, the water taxes were outrageous... That was 20 years ago... but can't imagine it's gotten better.

Had one of the best jobs in the world, IMHO, at JSC. But I could not wait to get the %$$# out of Houston.

Miss the Mexican food, though. Papacitos (and all the spin-offs) were amazing. My favorite place, though, the Crazy Cajun burned down or was flooded out, alas. Best blackened steak ever.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Actually the worst now is nueces county

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When I lived (mercifully briefly) in Harris County, it was also the most expensive county in the USA for car insurance, the water taxes were outrageous... That was 20 years ago... but can't imagine it's gotten better.

Had one of the best jobs in the world, IMHO, at JSC. But I could not wait to get the %$$# out of Houston.

Miss the Mexican food, though. Papacitos (and all the spin-offs) were amazing. My favorite place, though, the Crazy Cajun burned down or was flooded out, alas. Best blackened steak ever.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Harris county still sucks... as usual. They have this new system when it comes to buying a vehicle. They now want you to pay tax on what they think you should have paid on that vehicle instead of what you did pay for that vehicle. What a bunch a buttholes.

Taking advice from someone who lives in Kansas is fool hardy at best.
I left the Houston area 20 years ago because the government started shutting down vehicle access to the National Forest (the tax-payers land). Now I can drive 30 minutes in any direction and shoot 1000 yrds. But because there is no water (which Texas has plenty), there is little game.
When I left Texas, there were more Class 3 dealers than the rest of the country combined. Don't know now. Good luck on the move.