• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How’d I do for $300??

3-0-hate

Captain Nimcompoop
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Lost in Idaho...
Scored a Sten MKII parts kit and uncut receiver tube with template.

Oh, and 11 magazines and some old paperwork that apparently shipped with the kit.

Attachments

• 4B6CDE4A-77B4-483F-B9F9-C546F41F8992.jpeg
    4B6CDE4A-77B4-483F-B9F9-C546F41F8992.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DBE6F935-231C-4F4E-B66E-A51830105083.jpeg
    DBE6F935-231C-4F4E-B66E-A51830105083.jpeg
    270.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 36C896A4-D54E-40C3-AC38-418392634EFE.jpeg
    36C896A4-D54E-40C3-AC38-418392634EFE.jpeg
    655.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 2C67929C-3F96-4458-B39B-FBFE85A0FB56.jpeg
    2C67929C-3F96-4458-B39B-FBFE85A0FB56.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 170
  • 9252C19C-554A-4957-A205-8927B9BF0FA5.jpeg
    9252C19C-554A-4957-A205-8927B9BF0FA5.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 5EC4BB11-62B8-4749-B0C6-F828B6EF50FA.jpeg
    5EC4BB11-62B8-4749-B0C6-F828B6EF50FA.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 2C62E2AF-6268-43FE-B4B7-3CEB87F58D92.jpeg
    2C62E2AF-6268-43FE-B4B7-3CEB87F58D92.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 197
I’ll take “Things I wouldn’t post on a public forum” for $300 Alex.

The clue is “An uncut sten receiver and a bunch of gun parts.”

Buzz

How to get your dog shot?

That is correct. Make your selection…
Nah. It’s a parts kit and a metal tube at this point.

Convert to semi before cutting any portion of the tube and it’s all legal beagle.

You know it’s also legal to own full auto trigger components also, right? Just not legal to use them in a non registered MG.

Reactions: camocorvette
I was 13 years old and was hunting in the woods just outside Oslo with my first centerfire gun. A Sten mk2.
On the exact same spot on a frozen lake where the underwater scenes in the latest James Bond movie "No Time To Die" are shot(!) I emptied a full magazine after a hare. I missed.. 😁

I was 13 years old and was hunting in the woods just outside Oslo with my first centerfire gun. A Sten mk2.
On the exact same spot on a frozen lake where the underwater scenes in the latest James Bond movie "No Time To Die" are shot(!) I emptied a full magazine after a hare. I missed.. 😁
That tells us the story is true!

Full auto sten is capable of minute of German. In a room. A very small room. Like a bathroom. In an RV.

I shot a Mk V Suppressed a bunch, though. And those things are just awesome. The loudest sound is the bolt clicking back and forth. And the Thwach of the bullets on cardboard. I've long been tempted to do a Form 1 suppressed Semi-sten. But have too many other fun projects that are more.. useful. And capable of generating sweat equity.

As for the OP's post... he is all legal-like and this is the place to get all good legal-like advice. And cheerleading. Even if the glowies are looking, nothing to see here. This is the Gentlemans Club of the shooting world. It's all above board.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
That’s awesome! I will likely SBR this sten so I can use the short boi military barrel.
Don't forget to look for a bayonet! Originals are scarce and repros are of questionable quality but probably fine just for displaying with it.

Don't forget to look for a bayonet! Originals are scarce and repros are of questionable quality but probably fine just for displaying with it.
I always loved the concept of putting a bayonet on a sten gun.

I mean… can you see a great stonkin lineup of Lovatts Commandos and they are handed teen or weenie Sten’s with…. Bayonets? Who the hell is going to bayonet charge with a sten?

This from the same army that brought us Montgomery and the Piat, I guess….

Sirhr

Lord Lovat would not be caught dead with a Sten. From close examination of several IWM photos taken by Lt. Humphrey Spender at the Newhaven docks after No. 4 Commando disembarked following the raid, the rifle Lovat carried appears to be a Model 1892 Steyr-Mannlicher sporter, likely in 6.5x53 mm [rimmed], that used en bloc clips for loading. It also apears to be a takedown model.
lord1.jpg

Of course this is the image we are most familiar with, the Mannlicher-Shoenauer from "The Longest Day"

Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer​

Brigadier Lord Lovat (Peter Lawford) carries a Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine while leading his men onto Sword Beach.

lo.jpg

lovat.jpg

And, it appears he actually carried an M1 carbine on D-Day
lovat 3.jpg

Last edited:
I always loved the concept of putting a bayonet on a sten gun.

I mean… can you see a great stonkin lineup of Lovatts Commandos and they are handed teen or weenie Sten’s with…. Bayonets? Who the hell is going to bayonet charge with a sten?

This from the same army that brought us Montgomery and the Piat, I guess….

Sirhr
"Fuck is this shit, mate? You can't be bloody serious..."
The_British_Army_in_the_United_Kingdom_1939-45_H22060.jpg

Lord Lovat would not be caught dead with a Sten. From close examination of several IWM photos taken by Lt. Humphrey Spender at the Newhaven docks after No. 4 Commando disembarked following the raid, the rifle Lovat carried appears to be a Model 1892 Steyr-Mannlicher sporter, likely in 6.5x53 mm [rimmed], that used en bloc clips for loading. It also apears to be a takedown model.
lord1.jpg

Of course this is the image we are most familiar with, the Mannlicher-Shoenauer from "The Longest Day"

Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer​

Brigadier Lord Lovat (Peter Lawford) carries a Steyr Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine while leading his men onto Sword Beach.

View attachment 7935663

View attachment 7935664

And, it appears he actually carried an M1 carbine on D-Day
View attachment 7935668
Wasn’t wearing a sweater from Harrods, either…

A Norwegian Army f**kup..

I the end of the 70'ies the Norwegian army and airforce used the P38/P1 and some P08 Lugers as their main handgun. It was discovered that the old stock of Raufoss 9mm ammo cracked the frames in the old guns. To remedy this they bought new mild loaded 9mm ammo from FFV in Sweden.
However, then it was discovered that using the new FFV ammo in Stenguns and MP38/40 had an interesting result. Uncontrolled mag dumps because the bolt in the subguns didn't travel far enough to the rear to reach the sear but far enough to pick up a new round from the magazine..
Remedy: "We cut the main spring!"
Result: The subguns worked as they should again with one exception. The mainspring was now too weak to close the bolt when shooting upwards. As Norway is a country with a lot of mountains this was obviously a major problem..

The army then realised that this was a major cockup. The result was that, I think, about 140000 Stens in storage were converted to nails.
Then they were the first army to convert to the Glock 17 ( I think even before Austria)
Then they ordered 40000 MP5 to replace the MP38s and MP40'ies mainly used in the National Guard.
And they ordered new 9mm+P ammo.

The mild FFV 9mm ammo was "dumped" to the sports shooters for one cent pr round. A lot of my pistol shooting buddies ended up with 30, 40 and even 50000 rounds.

Last note. A lot of the soldiers in the National Guard did not want a new MP5 instead of their old MP40. I think the main reason was cleaning.
The best argument against the MP40 to MP5 swap I heard was this. "The MP40 has a much better intimidation factor than the MP5. The MP5 has only killed a handfull of people in the hands of the SAS and GSG9. The MP40 has killed houndreds of thousands in the hands of the Gestapo not forgetting the house raids at 0400 with Gestapo agents wearing black leather coats!"
At the time the soldiers in the National Guard had their weapons and ammo at home in case of a Soviet invasion. Who today would not want to have a new selective fire MP5 under the bed for free :)
About 100000 NG soldiers had a G3 with ammo "under the bed" out of a population of only 4.5mill. Today there are app 40000 NG soldiers armed with HK416 and HK417DMR.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
A Norwegian Army f**kup..

I the end of the 70'ies the Norwegian army and airforce used the P38/P1 and some P08 Lugers as their main handgun. It was discovered that the old stock of Raufoss 9mm ammo cracked the frames in the old guns. To remedy this they bought new mild loaded 9mm ammo from FFV in Sweden.
However, then it was discovered that using the new FFV ammo in Stenguns and MP38/40 had an interesting result. Uncontrolled mag dumps because the bolt in the subguns didn't travel far enough to the rear to reach the sear but far enough to pick up a new round from the magazine..
Remedy: "We cut the main spring!"
Result: The subguns worked as they should again with one exception. The mainspring was now too weak to close the bolt when shooting upwards. As Norway is a country with a lot of mountains this was obviously a major problem..

The army then realised that this was a major cockup. The result was that, I think, about 140000 Stens in storage were converted to nails.
Then they were the first army to convert to the Glock 17 ( I think even before Austria)
Then they ordered 40000 MP5 to replace the MP38s and MP40'ies mainly used in the National Guard.
And they ordered new 9mm+P ammo.

The mild FFV 9mm ammo was "dumped" to the sports shooters for one cent pr round. A lot of my pistol shooting buddies ended up with 30, 40 and even 50000 rounds.

Last note. A lot of the soldiers in the National Guard did not want a new MP5 instead of their old MP40. I think the main reason was cleaning.
The best argument against the MP40 to MP5 swap I heard was this. "The MP40 has a much better intimidation factor than the MP5. The MP5 has only killed a handfull of people in the hands of the SAS and GSG9. The MP40 has killed houndreds of thousands in the hands of the Gestapo not forgetting the house raids at 0400 with Gestapo agents wearing black leather coats!"
At the time the soldiers in the National Guard had their weapons and ammo at home in case of a Soviet invasion. Who today would not want to have a new selective fire MP5 under the bed for free :)
About 100000 NG soldiers had a G3 with ammo "under the bed" out of a population of only 4.5mill. Today there are app 40000 NG soldiers armed with HK416 and HK417DMR.
I loved staying at a little “travelers” cabin of a farmer who had his tank right there on his farm. Brilliant! Also ran into a couple of Saturday “tank jams” while motorcycling. National guard out having fun with their tanks in a Saturday! It was awesome!

Schmeisser may be intimidating. But nothing says “Never Again” like handing out tanks!!!

Sirhr

Reactions: lash
The "Never again" was summed up after 5 years of occupation in WW2 by the nazies in the "Poster on the wall" that hangs on the wall in all Norwegian military barracks. A military serviceman failing to follow this will be charged for treason.

This is the short version:
  • Take up armed struggle against any enemy who tries to take over Norway.
  • Once mobilization has been triggered, it cannot be revoked until the individual reaches their predetermined meeting place for mobilization.
  • All orders issued in the name of the King, the Government or the Chief of Defense which revoke the mobilization order are false and shall not be obeyed.
  • There is a duty to resist, even if all seems lost, others surrender or the enemy threatens that no mercy will be granted.
  • Even if all or part of Norway is occupied, every conscript and able-bodied person must do his utmost to join free Norwegian forces either in the country or abroad.
  • Military commanders have a duty to take measures against fifth columnists or saboteurs.